Hi, I am a 13 year old girl and I am wondering if I am bipolar. I get anxiouse over little things and it is hard to hold my temper back. I just want to know if I need to go see my counselor again. I went to him for depression and he gave me meds. He never said anything about me being bipolar. It also runs in my family. My mom has it and also my dad. My big sister also has it but not that bad. If you could please help by giving me the symptoms or if you could just tell me if I am. Thanks

The best thing you could do it do to your counselor/doctor. My mother in law has bipolar so i have some experience with this as will you if several members of your family have it. As you have had depression in the past and your mum,dad and sister all have the condition i am sure doctors would be willing to test you as well. Hope this helps - best of luck

OK...I have never heard of a counselor prescribing drugs because they can't. You must see a psychiatrist because they and nobody else can diagnose you.

With both parents being bipolar you have a very good chance of getting it, it's hereditary, a biological desease that nanifests itself through psychological actions.

I'm 59 yo. I've been on psych meds for 30 years, over 70 diff meds. Reseach a good doc or go to your parents doc.

If you are put on meds and you don't like one tell your doctor. Never ever ever stop a psych med on your own, OK?

Take care and keep the faith.