hi i hope everyones okay today - well i wanted to say that i think im bipolar but im too scared (15 years old) i sometimes get mad at my friends and i have too many manic episodes im too scared to go to therapy and my parents dont know at all i feel dizzy and sometimes my stomach hurts and feel like i have to faint. I also wear gothic clothes lol and i dont cut myself nor do i wish to harm anybody plz help me understand.....usually i think about hugging someone else who understands my bipolar problems plz reply because i really dont know what to do at all :(

Hi Alicemoon;
I know what it's like to feel the way your feeling & I think that you should talk to your Parents. Being scared is a "normal" feeling &
believe it or not it's OK to feel that way, it just proves two things, 1) your human & 2) your alive. I also think that you should see a
Therapist, they really can help you a lot, they helped me & I didn't even know (at the time) that I was Bi-Polar. But make sure it's a Therapist that "YOU" trust, otherwise you might not get the right help. Trust me on this one I've been there, done that, so believe me when I say "you have to Trust" your Therapist & "feel completely safe" with that person most of all.
I hope that this little piece of advise helps you out.
Sincerely;
Linda

Hi Alicemoon;
Since my last post to your dilemma, I have had a little bit of time to thoroughly think through my response to your query & I've come to the conclusion that "if you can talk" to your Parents freely about this, then by all means do so. I also suggest that you speak with your Family Doctor
as he/she may be able to point you in the right direction for the correct help that you are looking for. Just talking to some-one online about Bi-Polar doesn't always help, as it is for a Professional to point that out. As I said in my last post I too am Bi-Polar so getting all of the information you can get is very beneficial for you & any one else who needs the same kind of information about this kind of problem.

You may not be bipolar at all.  You might just be depressed.  Depression can cause "manic episodes" in which someone gets angry, goes into a crying fit, etc.

I suggest you see someone at school who can help you.  It would be completely confidential.  Just tell them how you're feeling and also admit to them that you're scared.  It's okay to be scared.  They can help you seek the counseling you need in a discreet manner.

Best of luck!

I'm 19 years old and was diagnosed bipolar over a year ago. I always knew there just wasn't something right going on in my head. I explained my feelings with my parents and made an appointment with a psychiatrist. I wa prescribed meds and go to therapy once a week and have been feeling a lot better. U should speak with your parents and seek help as soon as possible.