Hi, I am 18 years old, and I’ve had some strange thoughts lately. One moment I am depressed, and the other I am euphoric. My parents even thought I was on drugs, which is ridiculous. Why do I have such terrible thoughts all the time? Could I be bipolar?

Hi, I was about your age when I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I had the same mood swings as you. I was jumping from depression to euphoria and from recklessness to listlessness all the time. It wasn’t torturing just for me, it was difficult for my parents too. They were giving their best to so I could have space and understanding. Bipolar disorder is making me act really weird- when I am in emergency and hurry, am can accomplish everything twice as better than usual, but after that I feel like don’t have will and energy for anything else, even for eating, reading and watching TV. I often have very depressing thoughts, but when I take some meds, I feel better for a while. If you suspect that something is wrong with you and that you’re bipolar, see a doctor!