I am wondering about the hypo safety zone and how low it can go.

I believe that no one should go below 90 mg/dl just because it could cause problems.

I was wondering about this too cause I am in this diabetic support group so I hear about everyone else's diabetic issues. Some of the people have said that if they get as low as 70 they have some mean hypo symptoms occur. Then I know of a couple other people that say they can get as low as 60 and still not have any symptoms to occur on them. So I am wondering if this is even safe for people to get to the 60s and it be a good thing though they are not having symptoms to alert them. I would be worried about going into a delirium and coma from getting too low. I start feeling sick when I hit below 80 so I know to check my BG and see where I am at on it. I feel for these peeps that won't know. Is there something they can do to know what there BG is when it is getting low? I don't think they have many concerns about it because they don't get any symptoms, which is why they SHOULD worry, in my opinion. I'd be grateful for any information that I can take back to my meeting so I can inform them as well.

I believe that if the person isn’t having any ill effect to the lower bg, that person still should check it and address it. If it is below 70, it is better to eat a carb unit rather than leave it as it is. The blood sugar could dip pretty quickly, causing serious consequences. I would error on the side of having the blood sugar raised to more acceptable levels above 90 to ensure that a severe hypo doesn’t occur and cause problems later. You should tell the group that bit of advice.