I was wondering about anyone who has had a hypo in their lifetime.  What unusual things make you hypo?  I am thinking that I am having hypos from eating spicy foods.  It is a bit weird but every time I eat mexican food and I always have to have lots of jalopeno peppers in my food, I start to feel shaky afterwards.  So I check my bg and find it is in the 60s or something.  I never have this happen unless I have had hot chili or anything spicy.  Has anyone else had this happen to you?  I am wondering if I am a medical riddle to this.  I wonder what I can do to prevent this?  Thanks!

I don’t think that spicy food would lower your blood glucose levels unless it had something to do with it revving your metabolism up from its consumption.  Also, you could be consuming something that is increasing the effectiveness of your medication possibly?  There are many spices and herbs that are being studied that may improve blood sugars so it could be the case here.  Another thing could be that you are consuming less carbohydrates then you normally would.  Are you eating more meat than tortilla, for instance?  There can be a lot of variables at play with this.  You may try increasing your intake of carbohydrates to see if you can avoid any hypos during the Mexican food fest you indulge in.  

I am a lover of Indian cuisine and I have found that my blood sugars can lower a bit from eating dishes full of curry. I am hard pressed to say that the curry is what is making my blood sugars go down so I am careful on how much I eat of the dish. I can eat more carbs and get by with it.