Does anyone have any problems with having chest pain when having a hypo?  I have a problem with this.  It scares me that I am having a heart attack while going into a hypo.  I was wondeing if anyone else had this ever happen to them or am I in the minority?  It is terrifying to think I have a heart problem on top of being diabetic.  This is very concerning to me but I am afraid to go to the doctor about it.  I am a bit in denial and I just don't want to find out if I have heart problems.  I hope to hear from someone that they have a problme with chest pain too so that I can reassure myself that hypos are causing the problem not heart disease.  please let me know.

I have never heard that chest pain is a symptom of hypoglycemia.  Have you taken your blood glucose reading to check to see if your blood sugar was actually low when having these chest pains?  I am worried that you may be having small heart attacks instead of hypos.  You should go to the doctor to get a heart study done to see if there has been any heart damage done from this chest pain.  Have you been having any other symptoms that accompany the chest pain?  Anything like sweating that was associated with low blood sugars can also be indicative of a heart attack.  Shortness of breath can be associated with both as well. 

It is imperative that you have your heart checked out as soon as possible. The next time you have an attack, it could be one that will be much more serious than the previous ones.  After the doctor visit, let me know what comes of it and the diagnosis the doctor comes up with. 

Hi there! First of all chest pain doesn't mean necessarily heart problems. there are so many organs in your chest besides your heart. You didn't describe very well the kind of pain and location so it's difficult to guess what it is. Can it be a heart problem? Depending on the time you have diabetes already, it is not impossible. there was a study in 2003 that showed that some patients had hypoglycemia related to chest pain.