I am new with having diabetes so I am not sure about if what I feel at times is a hypo or what.  I hear people at the hospital I work at talk about hypos but I never have those symptoms they describe.  I have these feelings of anxiety and weightlessness that really makes me feel terrible.  It lasts for about 3-5 minutes then it goes away.  I chalk it up to maybe general anxiety but I wonder if I could be having lows as well.  I am not on any medication for diabetes though I don't exercise like I should.  I eat better than I did before but I am not watching my carbs that close either. I am eating less junk food and sweets and more fruits and vegetables.  I hope this will make a difference.  I should be following my diabetic plan more closely than I am but I don't.  If I did, maybe I would be getting these feelings of hypos or whatever. 

It may be that the people at work are talking about patients that are type 1 juvenile diabetic or they are insulin dependent type 2.  Generally, when a person is first diagnosed with diabetes, it is in the early stages where they are meds or insulin.  It is when a diabetic takes certain diabetic medications or insulin that can cause hypoglycemia to appear more readily.  It sounds like you could be having episodes of anxiety; you should really have it checked out.  It is not something you should have to live with.  Back to your eating plan, it is good that you are making an attempt to eat better selections of food.  It is a start in the right direction.  It is hard to adhere to a new meal plan but if you can substitute refined foods with healthier alternatives, you will keep your diabetes at bay or even reverse it.

It might be a good idea to get a blood glucose measuring device, so that you can check your BG during these times. if your symptoms pass away quickly without you having to take something sweet to get rid of the symptoms, it is more likely-as the other poster has said, that your symptoms are due to anxiety. It can be very stressful to be diagnosed with diabetes and this is probably on your mind and can make you much more aware of any changes. It is good you are eating more fruits and veg, just make sure to keep an eye on the carbohydrates you are eating as well.