my husband has three testicles .( two small ones in one scrotom and one normal size one in the other. he has had them as long as he can remember. but he doesnt remember if he had it since birth. like most men he never thought to get it checked out. now my son was born with the same condition. right now we have no insurance to get it checked out. i having trouble finding out what the condition is called and if there is any complications from it. any information would be appreciated. thanks!!! ?

I just found out that my boyfriend has the same thing. I am also trying to find out if there is a medical term for this. I would also like to know if this produces more sperm or more fertility?

There is no such thing as three testicles. Maybe you should advise them to see a doctor immediately about their condition.

Sure there is. It's called polyorchidism. Read a book, don't go spreading your ignorance around scaring people.

It's called Polyorchidism. It's pretty rare but does happen.

It shouldn't cause them any problems but I would get it checked out at your local department of health if you don't have insurance.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyorchidism

Multiple testicles is a condition call polyorchidism. The most common, 3 testicles, is called triorchidism.

I GOT THREE TESTICLES BEFORE WHEN I WAS YOUNG. AT AGE 4 OR 5, I UNDERWENT AN OPERATION TO HAVE THE OTHER ONE REMOVED. SO I GOT TWO BALLS. IS THERE A SIDE EFFECT OF THE OPERATION TO MY STERILITY?

I was born with 3 testicles, had it checked out by a doctor when I was 5ish. Completely harmless in my case, but I'm sure it's worth getting it checked.

Personally I don't want it removed, it's useful for many comebacks in arguements. I'm sure you can imagine. :-P

I don't have 3 testicles, I have 4 . As the son of a scientist studying primitive people,who left me and my mother when I was 3 years old, I lived away from civilation during my early years. My mother taught me math and life skills. The mostly illiterate people where I lived , and knew about my 4 testicles, only thought that it was different but perhaps a wonderful thing. It wasn't until I was 22 , that I went to a doctor for an exam. He told me that the condition was rare, especially since I have 2 scrotoms as well, one behind the other. He said that my testicles are a little smaller than normal, each is 1 inch long and 3/4 inches in diameter. He said that I have a epidymis on each one , 4 vas deferons (spelling?) 2 joining into one further up. from there everything is normal. Since then, I have gotten married and have 5 children, all normal.

I wonder if having Polyorchidism increases your testosterone. Is ther increased pain during temporary fluid congestion in the testicles and prostate region caused by prolonged sexual arousal in the human male.

This would be a sign of fertillity in my village or...city.
If during high school your mates were to discover this there may be stress from, dare I say, 'ball bustin'.

But when potentail pair bonds develop word may get around and spark interest.

A blessing and a curse.

My boyfriend has three testicles and hes totally fine. I read somewhere that it is asymptomatic and doesnt affect your testosterone levels or fertility. It can however increase your chance of testicular cancer.

Does anyone know the chances of passing on the condition? A friend who works in fertility said that only 1 in 1000 embryos with triorchidism are born live. Is this true?

I to have 3 testicles and have had for 15yrs or more. I am 40 now. I went to the doctor and had them remove 1 but they said there was a 50/50 chance it would grow back. It was extremely painful after the surgery and i thought everything was going to fall off..lol. Needless to say after about 2 yrs it grew back and to me its not worth the pain to have it removed again besides it is a interesting conversation piece when the time is right.

well my boyfriend just noticed recently that he had a third testicle. Are there any risks in this? Maybe it's not a third one but something else? cancer? IF YOU'VE GONE TO THE DR. THEN I'LL LISTEN TO YOUR COMMENTS. If you only felt an extra ball I'm not interested. My boyfriend is stubborn and won't go to the Dr.

I also have this "problem" except i have only recently noticed it...and i can clearly feel that it is being attached by something, could it just be a swollen gland or what? please help.

I also have this "problem" except i have only recently noticed it...and i can clearly feel that it is being attached by something, when my real testicles are not (from what i can feel), could it just be a swollen gland or what? please