Hello! I have suffered from mild myopia for almost twenty years. I usually had certain problems while looking at distance objects which created some problems for me during my school time. I didn’t consider my myopia too serious but I used to wear my eyeglasses to correct my eyesight. I could read without problems and without my eyeglasses. But, my condition changed since last summer. My myopia is still -1, I wear glasses and I can’t see a few inches away without glasses. What happened?

Hello! Since you wear your eye glasses for rather long period of time you should know that when your eye condition changes you should visit your eye doctor. This is the first thing you should do. The symptoms you have may be connected with presbyopia which is a condition that usually occurs at myopic people after their age of 40. The eyes become presbyopic and lose their ability to accommodate and change focus. Bifocals are usually used to treat presbyopia since their corrective lenses each contain regions with two distinct optical powers.