Hello! I have a fifteen old daughter who wears glasses for some time now. She has myopia and I take her to check her eyes regularly. When she got glasses she liked them; it was something new and interesting to her. Yesterday she told me she doesn't want to wear glasses since she looks ugly and that she would like to go to LASIK surgery. At what age is LASIK normally used for myopia?

Hello! Physicians usually don't recommend laser eye surgery for anyone under 18 years of age. Many of them don't want to consider laser eye surgery until person is at least 21 years of age. They say children's eyes change during their growth and laser surgery can't be done over and over again. You daughter is now in difficult period of her childhood and you have to understand her reactions. Talk to her and explain why is not possible to have laser surgery now.