Hello! My friend has a daughter who is five years old. She took her to her doctor yesterday since she had to do some tests before going to school and the doctor discovered some eye disorders. He sent her to ophthalmologist and he told her she had juvenile myopia. The girl has to wear glasses which present great stress for her. Also we are afraid for her vision. Does juvenile onset myopia increases in severity with age?

Hello! It is interesting to know that persons with myopia have average 7-8 IQ points higher than non-myopes. I always tell that to children who dislike glasses and it works. You can try too. You shouldn't worry; her eyeglasses will treat the visual symptoms. Juvenile myopia increases in severity with age. Sometimes it can increase rapidly and this happens usually during the period of rapid growth and usually stabilizes it the period from 20 to 40 years old.