would you or do you have one?

my neighbor is having an inground put in this week; it's filling at the moment. this is the second house we've lived next to that had a pool.
:|
can't understand why people do this up here considering the short season, it doesn't seem cost effective. plus, they're so small, i'd want olympic sized or nothin' :?

it just seems like so much work to me. and so much expense, i can't imagine that heating bill.
8O

comments anyone?

I wouldn't mind one of those endless pools (like a swimming treadmill) and it would have to be indoors.

Otherwise the short summer season here would make it more work than its worth.

Have inground (18x32) Noone has been in it in 2 years. I hate it. Can't do laps and I have to take care of it. I was almost a free man when she replaced the liner 2 years ago. I wanted to fill it in.

Just think of it a a huge potty!

A buddy of mine has one. All he does is b***h about how much it costs and how little it gets used.

we had that one in charlotte, and I loved it. But yes, a total PITA to maintain.

we lived next to one in cleveland and by the second summer, it sat empty every day. he used to ask us to please bring our baby over and use it cuz no one else would :?

the neighbor's new pool is surrounded by trees, lots of big trees. sounds like a job for super sweeper.

it's like a stupid trend up here--this is the 4th house to bite the pool bullet in this neighborhood.

We have an inground pool. It is not olympic size. Yes it can be a lot of work and $$, however, we have a lot of great memories of back yard get togethers. All the kids are great swimmers and they are in the pool daily from April/May throught Sept/Oct. Once the kids are grown I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune...or moving.

Funny you should bring up this topic as I went to the pool store at lunch to give them a bunch of money to replace our liner.

i want one. I live in my bathing suit in the summer anyway.

yes, but you live in the south, where it's warm and sunny.....last year, we were able to "swim" on three weekends because the pool we swam in wasn't heated a pool would most likely be more reasonable down south. i'm just a northern pool bigot.

My in-laws have a pool, but my MIL is part fish (is THAT what's wrong with her? :? ) so she goes in it almost daily. FIL has probably never gone in. The adult children show up and throw massive parties at it. They pay some company to come around and maintain it so all they have to do is fill it in the spring.

Everyone has them here. Except my parents :x If they had one I might partake.

I have one at my apt complex, but I don't use it because its sort MTV spring break meets girls gone wild meets Melrose Place. :umno: no thanks.

that and I'm very very sun phobic lately and getting in the pool would mean having UV rays touch me, and that seems very bad :umno:

not interested. I would be "if" I had a super-dooper large house and it could be indoor away from other living space.....I can't imagine the damage the humidity does to a house. I'd prefer what we had in TX. A small subdivision with a pool that everyone pays for a lifeguard and upkeep.

:1:
I would also worry about my kid and her friends swimming without supervision\permission.
When I was a kid one of the neighbors had a swimming pool. Another neighbors 3 year old somehow got into it and drowned. :(

This is how my Kathryn lost her toddler. Seriously. In her own pool. :cry: