Hello, my father is 67 years old and I get so depressed when I start thinking about his mental state. It seems like he is slowly loosing his touch with reality and I just don’t know if anything can be done. He uses some medications but do you know of any alternative methods for dealing with dementia?

I am sorry to hear that your father has those kinds of problems. Dementia really might be very stressful for the closest family members because of the symptoms of that condition. Luckily, there are some herbal products that might help your father. You should try with Ginkgo Biloba and Ginseng. Those two should show some success in suppressing dementia signs.

Viola...hope your father is better, however I know from working with others that it is a daily battle to do what needs to be done for people with this problem...has your Father been evaluated by a doctor? If not then this should be done, if he refuses to go to the doctor, you can call 1-800-252-5400... ask them how to get your Father evaluated for this memory loss...also look on the website....www.alz.org for some helpful information...hope this helps...