Hi, my father is suffering from dementia. In the beginning, when his condition was not that bad, we thought that we could take care of him. We were really not aware of the seriousness of his condition. As the times passed and the dementia got the best of him we started to realize just how ill he is. The whole family is under a lot of stress. We are thinking about hiring a professional caregiver or putting my father into a care facility. The problem is that we don't know who we have to talk to about this. Do you know some organizations that could help us with our father?

Hi, I am sure that you want the best treatment for your father and that at first you thought that you can provide him with necessary care. Unfortunately, you had to find out from personal experience just how serious condition dementia is. Providing care for dementia patients can be very stressful for the untrained family members. That is why there are trained professionals who are the best caregivers for dementia sufferers. I know that you thought that no stranger could look after your father better than you. At fist, I am sure that this was true. I think that now you have come to the right decision that is best for your father's well being. You should talk to the doctor who is treating your father. I am sure that he could provide you with the list of licensed facilities and caregivers that would be best for your father's condition.