I am one of many caffeine addicts and am addicted to coffee, i must drink about 10 cups a day, i was wondering though if by intaking caffeine could it help you lose weight. If you think about it it caffeine speeds up your heart rate and metabolic rate, also caffeine is used in many diet pills, So what do you all think? am i being completely stupid or could this actually work?
xx

i have been addicted to caffeine pills for over a year now.. i had stopped taking them over the summer however. after i went to college i started to take them again and i was looking at pictures that had been taken when i was taking up to 15 caffeine pills a day and i noticed that i looked healthier over all. when i stopped taking the caffeine pills regularly in the summer i noticed that i didn't look as healthy. i also noticed that the weight that i had lost while on the caffeine pills i had gained back. but taking this severe amount of caffeine pills everyday came with severe side effects when i had stopped taking them, or reduced my intake. i not only had severe headaches as a result of withdraw, but i also slept all the time and became very irate and irritable at the drop of a hat. even though the caffeine pills did help me to lose weight rapidly, i gained it all back and then some when i stopped taking them. i don't recommend that anybody get addicted to a large amount of caffeine if it can be helped. ;-)