I am pregnant and I had some problems early on in my pregnancy. I went to a womens clinic b/c at the time I didnt have a doctor. While I was there I had a pap done. The clinic doctor didnt tell me that she was going to test me for chlamydia and gonorria. If she had I couldve told her that I just had an STD test done a couple of months ago before I got married. Well now I have a bill for that and for both of the two STD test it is 170 dollars. My question is, can a doctor even give you an STD test w/out your permission or w/out even letting you know. I do not want to pay for something that I already knew the answeers for. I thought I would try to find out before I call to the clinic and complain about having to pay for it....Thanks!

Hi there! Honestly, considering it was a private clinic, or at least one whose services you had to pay, you should have talked to the doctor about the things you wanted done.

It happens often that they perform tests just to take you more money out of you but it is obvious that this doctor didn’t know that you were already tested and I think it was up to you to say what you had already done and why you came.

Maybe, s/he should have asked but I guess they just assumed that as it was your first pregnancy that they needed to do everything that should be done, so they tested you for an STD like any other doctor would do.

I suppose it works differently when you are pregnant and when you are not. When I went to see a private doc, he did what I came for and had a routine physical examination. If he noticed that something were wrong I guess he would have ordered or performed another test but he didn’t have and that was it.

You didn’t even know that he tested you for STD’s until you received the bill? Haven’t you talked to him about your examination?

Thats messed up...I dont think they can do that. My doc tells me what will be done at my visit.