Recently I have started jogging early morning around 4 am. I jog 3 to 4 times a week. After jogging, I feel very tired, By noon, I would have a nap of 3 hours. Sometimes I would have nap after lunch.But I notice that I have gain weight. does afternoon nap causes weight gain after early morning jog??

Pls help me.

Napping does not cause you to gain weight--in fact, sleeping can help you lose weight if you maintain good sleep habits. When do you go to bed? Perhaps you are exhausting yourself. What do you think?

Celebrity
I think that first eating lunch and then taking a nap could cause weight. I think that it would be better to perform some kind of moderate activity after lunch, like doing some household chores, or even better taking a walk. I read somewhere that going to bed with stomach full may interfere a good sleep. If you have a really full stomach and you lie down, you're more likely to get a bit of reflux. You've got your digestion cranked up at full speed when your body should actually be relaxed and calm.

3 hour nap might also be too long ... for a nap. I read that the most effective naps are 45 minutes long, but then again we all have different needs and sleeping habits ...

I would suggest that if possible you eat at least 2 hours before your nap. I think that would be much better.

Sleep is important for weight loss. But if you're noticing a weight gain, there could be several reasons. Maybe you should not take an afternoon nap for so long. Keep it to between 1- 1.5 hrs and instead increase your sleep time at night. Also when you sleep, your metabloism slows down. So sleeping after lunch is a big no-no. I suggest you wait for atleast an hour after lunch for the food to digest before you take your nap, and then after waking up, do any kind of a past paced workout for like 15-20 minutes to up your metabolism again. Also i suggest that apart from jogging, also take up strength training routines 2-3 times/ week because even though they don't burn as many calories as cardio, they build muscle, that help burn calories even long after your workout. Hope this helps! take care and keep up your efforts! :D

Health Advisor

“I’m doing everything like I’m supposed to do, but I’m not losing any weight. What I’m doing wrong?”

Do you count your calories? Do you use too much artificial sweeteners? Do you rely on single-food diet for too much? Or maybe something completely different?

If you ever wondered which mistakes you are making while dieting, SteadyHealth has an answer for you. We interviewed hundreds of people around the world who revealed us their biggest weight loss mistakes so you can be aware of them and overcome your own obstacles. Once you find out which crucial errors to avoid, success can finally be yours.

You can download it on the following link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S87QQNW.

If you like our book, leave feedback on Amazon and help us in our mission of helping other people with their health problems and concerns.

Health Advisor

Dear users,

we have one surprise for all of you who want to lose their weight in a healthy way and fast. We offer you our ebook "Real people reveal their biggest weight loss mistakes" on Amazon for free during the next five days!

You can download it using the following link - http://amzn.to/1PK7inL.

In this book, you will find everything you need to know about successful weight loss and the best part is that this book is made up of the experiences of real people.We just need one favor from you and that’s a review on Amazon as soon as you download and read our book.

Health Advisor

Just a reminder for everyone who wants to know which mistakes people make during their weight loss journey: our ebook “Real people reveal their biggest weight loss mistakes” is available for free download for just three more days.

So, hurry up and don’t miss this chance.

We are happy to help you achieve your goals. We just need some feedback from you on Amazon, so please leave us a comment under our book if you are satisfied with the content. 

Health Advisor

The last opportunity to get yourself a free copy of our ebook “Real people reveal their biggest weight loss mistakes” is today as our free promo period is ending.Want to avoid common mistakes made by people who are trying to lose weight? Then this is the right stuff for you. In one single place, you will find experiences from real people and read how they avoid or overcome mistakes — and achieve a healthy weight.And, if you believe our book is good enough, please leave a comment on Amazon so other people with weight loss problems can easily find it.