I am 14 year old and im 186 cm tall. I do weight lifting twice a week adn ive been doing it for a year now. I bench press 60kg 10 times. And I want to know if bench pressing affects your height because its the machine i do the most kilos on.

your already way above average for your height, Thouh weightlifting MAY stunt growth (which is highly unlikely). You have very little to worry about. I know a kdi who started weightlifting when he was 9, his family is all well above 6'2 and he is 5'2. Although, i know a kid who started weightlifting veyr heavy at 11, and he grew to be taller than anyone in his family at 6'2 at the age of 14. So it really just depends on the person.:-)

I don't believe that you can effect your height by bench pressing. Your height is related to genetics and any disease that might effect your normal growth. You should be careful however, to practice good muscle care when bench pressing. Find out how much is too much so that you don't injure your muscles. Also, be sure that your daily nutritional plan supports your weight lifting/bench pressing schedule. Also, be sure to drink lots of water. If you have a good plan, you should be ok. Again, your height is not affected by bench pressing.

This may seem like a strange question at first. How could weight lifting possibly have any connection to height gain? But once considered from all angles, is not so strange a question after all.

Consider one of the main forces that results in holding our height back, which is the force of gravity itself. This is proven in many different ways, such as the measurements of astronauts while in space, a gravity free environment, and also how our own height is affected when we go to sleep and experience an extended period without gravity pulling down on us.