A friend of mine is 19 and doesnt look like his getting any taller told me he thinks its couse of smoking.His parents are realy tall tho (his been smoking for 3 years now). Do you think its couse of that?

unlikely...but possible...i have done some research and its often rather contradictory..i have been smoking since i was 13-14 years old and im 20...im 5'10.5...the shorter side of average height for a Caucasian male.

It is true that smoking cannabis can stunt your hormonal development..but i very much doubt it can have much affect on ones height..probably a matter of a few cm's
often it can skip a generation with these sorts of things...ask him/her how tall the grandparents are.

Hello there blanco,

Well, first of all smoking marijuana is not good at all, and I am sure that your friend is aware of that. If he is afraid that he is not growing any taller because of it, maybe he is right. Smoking ordinary cigarettes can have very bad influence on development, so smoking marijuana can be the same thing.

If your friend is really concerned about his health and his growth, he should first consider stopping with this bad habit, and afterwards he can see if there is something he can do to increase his height.

I hope that you will suggest to your friend to stop smoking, and that he will listen to you.

first of all marijuana is not a addictive substance and i know f*****g giants that have smoked since they were 13 and he is 6,4 and has nothing to do with cigs not trying to sound like a as****e or nothing but you have know idea wtf your talking about

TO BLANCO sent out this info # 1 year ago today ..MYBE or MTBE NOT HOW knows the BODY has mined of it's OWEN on how TALL you are or how SHORT you are .. IF I was him IDD STOP and look and say think goodn's that I am NOT tall for if I was tall IDD have to spend more $$$$$ on clos & footwear GOOD NIGHT

Cigarettes have tons of chemicals that are so much worse than anything in cannabis. Nicotine, first and foremost, gets you addicted. Another chemical cigarettes have is RAT POISONING. What does weed have? THC and a few other chemicals that will show up on your blood test. So you're WRONG, marijuana and cigarettes have nothing in common except the fact that you inhale the chemicals. Shaking my head so hard right now at this uneducated fool