Hi I'm 17 yrs old. I did push since at the age of 14 daily. I'm only 5'4 feet high. My father is about 6 feet. I think that push ups had stunted my growth. Is my thought right? Is there a chance for my heigt to increase? Suggest any ways to increase my height! :-)

no, push-ups did not stunt your growth, the genetic factors are what determine how tall are you going to be, but it's not as simple as that you directly inherit your father's height - it has been proven that your height will be somewhere between the heights of your father and your mother. Besides, you are 17, you still will grow some more, but no one can predict how much exactly and I'm afraid there is no way to increase your height artificially - all you can do is to eat healthy, sleep enough and continue to exercise because the healthier you are, the more chance you have to reach the maximum height your genetics has determined for you.

Celebrity
some claim that stretching can help you increase growth. besides that genetic factor is the one that plays the biggest role in this game. perhaps you got your "height genes" from mother?
as Nikols said - you will very probably grow some more ...

push ups do not stunt growth, BUT lifting heavy weights on the other hand does!

our bones are formed by the cartilaginous muscles. and the growing point at the end if the growth point get damage the only the bone can stop growing and not because of the push ups.

what helps u grow is lots of sleep and eating and drink the right bc if u dont get ur sleep ur growth will slow down so u wont grow that much

hi this is jack...30 years old...for this you can eat healthy food and do exercise regularly....

It's doubtful that push ups would stunt your growth, they don't even load the body under much prolonged vertical compression. I'd be more afraid of things like heavy deadlifts or squats if you don't decompress properly, but even then, I won't assert it is stunting because I think the body can compensate for it.

There are always chances for height to increase, many people aren't finished growing at 17. I'm not entirely sure if there are ways to alter this though.

One thing I do imagine is that it's good for the spine to receive nutrition, so if you do things like pull ups and dips, the spine decompresses and the intervertebral discs can absorb fluids and nutrients.

This creates a brief increase in height of an inch or two, but it goes away when you are next bearing gravity's weight again (it is temporary). But I think this is very good for health and mobility.

My mother is short

I'm with the rest of the replies here; it's doubtful pushups can stunt growth as they're your own body weight and it's more horizontal than it is vertical.