I am wondering if weight lifting stunts your growth. I am 14 and am 6ft 210 lbs. I bench press about 250, hang clean about 180, and squat about 285. I have been lifting for 8 months and lately have been lifting about 4 times a week. I lift with good form but and usually only work out with moderate weight/ reps at about 70% of my max, 3 sets of 8, while sometimes i lift heavy weights at 4 sets of 4. I have read other forums and have seen mixed responses on the issue. If you have anything to prove or disprove this question other than personal experience, please link me to a website where can read!

Hi. Weight lifting will not stunt your growth but if you damage growth plate there is possibility of growth stunt. Growth plate regulates the length and the shape of bones and because it is the last part of bones to harden it is very subject to fractures which can cause problems like unequal bone length. You are young but you are weight lifting for quite some time now so I believe that you know everything you need to know about warming up your muscles to avoid common injuries and make sure you use proper form throughout all your movements. And be proud of yourself because any sport activity in your age is good activity so I would recommend to you to keep on with good work but just be careful and never forget to warm up. For additional information you can check up this article: https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Side_effects_of_weight_lifting_a12.html.