Hi, I Started Weight when i was 14 and 3 months, and now i am 15, I have started with weights i'm comfortable with then i gradually started adding more weight plates because i gain muscle size. i dont work my legs, because i naturally have big legs for genetics and i dont want to close the growth plates in my joints in my knees. i am now bulking and have been for 3 months now, and i have been lifting heavy and doing light reps, i dont work my back because i have back problems and had this problem since i started. im 5 FT 8 and want to know if i have stunt my growth because everyone in my family keeps nagging me  about it, i also have trouble sleeping and get in around 6-7 and 1/2 hours every night and i go to the gym at 5"30 AM that is my only time available.

Kind regards Matt

Hi Mega,

If you are lifting properly then no, it won't stunt your growth.  The key is to technique.  Poor technique can certainly cause damage to your body and/or stunt your growth.

Remember too, it's OK to take a break.  Your muscles do need time off to rest (and grow) as do you.

Good luck.

i agree with you...technique is important...