Hi guys. I never was a fan of milk, yogurt or kefir. It is something that doesn't fit me, so I am avoiding it. But, I have heard that kefir has so many benefits lately, so I have decide to drink it, on the force, of course, but I will try. It all started when a friend of mine gave me some kefir grains, and it seems that my health is much better, I mean, I am feeling good. So, I was wondering, has anyone tried making kefir at home? What do you think about this whole procedure? I am willing to try. 

Hello everyone. Nice question, because I was always wondering how to use kefir grains to make kefir at home? And, guess what, it is not that hard. Not complicated at all.

The most important thing, when you make it is - to wait. Yes, as long as you are waiting, the best kefir you will have, for sure. 

I am making kefir at my home for months now and I didn't have any single problem. Like I wanted it to be, it was.

Once I even add the blueberries because I wanted something sweet but healthy. It was OK, but the real kefir is way tastier :)

Celebrity

LOL, sometimes I think that I am a really awful housewife. I remember when my sister asked me to make a kefir at home, so I tried to find some recipes on the internet and I didn't have any success finding the right one, everyone was different.

Then, one friend of mine gave me the recipe that comes from her grandmother and I tried. I guess what - I have failed. 

So, yes. I want to make it on my own, but I don't have a success in this. So, if you know some good recipe that you can give me, feel free :) 

Well, I have tried to make a kefir three times when I got those grains, but I have to say that I pretty much ruined everything. I don't know what, how and why, but it seems that this is just not a job for me. I am not sure is there some unique formula to make it, because I am not good in these things at all. If you have some good recipe to share with me, I would be really happy. I want to make a kefir, but in my case, it is never tick and it is "rare" somehow. And I really want to make it for my kids :/ I want to be a supermom.

Celebrity
Hi there.
You are not the only one, I know a lot of people who didn't have a luck making a kefir for the first time. Not even for the fifth time, but that happens because you always forget just one step that you need to follow. Look, it is very important to more trans those kefir grains into 4 to 5 cups of fresh milk. Core it with some filter and put a rubber on it. Put it in the warm spot. Usually, it takes up to 24 hours to be into a warm spot, but you need to observe your grains. You will notice when your milk changes its structure and then, your job is complete. Separate the kefir grains from the kefir and store it in the refrigerator. It is simple, good luck! And, I am sure that you are already a supermom.

I want to try it, but somehow I am scared that it won't turn out good. I know that it is not the end of the world, but nothing what I have tried to make didn't turn right for the first time, not even the pudding. So, I am sure that now you do understand my concern. Anyway, I don't even know where to get those kefir grains, I am scared that somehow I will get something that is bad or wrong. I would like to try, my mom does and this homemade kefir is really an miracle. But still haven't tried it...

hi guys. you really don't need to be that concerned. if you have one or two mistakes, there is no need to give up on this. I am sure that you will see some progress soon. I never like this kefir thing, but when I get some healthy issues, I have decide to drink it. I have heard that it has so many good benefits, so I have decide to try it. this one that I buy in the market is ok, generally, but my grand mom told me that homemade one is really good. so, I have decide to make it. I took a recipe from her and the first one it was ok. I could drink it. now, I can say that I am an expert. there is no some specifically rule, you will learn time after time.

There is no doubt about this, homemade kefir is way better because you know what you made. And you know what you drink. I don't really know why some people make such a huge philosophy about this, because making kefir is generally really, really easy. OK, first one won't come out as you expected, but you have so many ways to fix this, right? So, get your sleeves up and go to the job - maybe I will do it once, but since I am not that huge fan of the kefir, I think that I won't try to make it right now lol.

Celebrity
Yes, I really have to say that making kefir is not easy, but it is not hard. Anyway, I think that this is one of the easiest things that you can make - there is no a lot of jobs about this whole procedure. It is over soon and soon you will be able to drink it. Kefir helped me a lot as well when I was sick. It was like a booster for my immunity. Now, whenever I feel weak and whenever I feel like I am going to get sick, I just drink more of it. And of course, I always choose a homemade kefir because I know what I made and what I am consuming. I recommend it to everyone.