Hey guys,

for a while now, I am making kefir at home. At least, I am trying to make it lol. But I have one problem, whatever I do, it can't be thick and more creamy, it is very watery and I don't like it. I mean, I want it to be a real kefir, like one of those that you can buy in the stores. But, I am doing something wrong, for sure. So, you are guessing - I need an advice, for those who make kefir at home: how do you make kefir thicker and more creamy? Tnx a lot! 

I think that this question, how to make a kefir more creamy comes right after the question how to use kefir grains to make kefir at home.

Well, you won't believe, but the answer is so simple. To make kefir more creamy is to add more cream or thickener. How simple is that?

You should blend in some cream and some fruit and you have a delicious thick kefir milkshake as well. 

There are so many things that you can do to make your kefir more interesting, not boring :)

I am doing this all the time and I am satisfied. 

Celebrity

Yes, that is true.

All of my friends told me about this, but still, I was not able to make a good kefir lol.

Anyway, I will keep trying but I also know one thing when it comes to making your kefir more creamy. In general, the fat content determines the thickness of your kefir. I mean, you can add some cream or similar, but the full-fat milk will give you the thickest kefir, that is the only secret. If this kefir is still not thick enough for your taste then you need to add some thick heavy pouring cream to your milk. As much as you add, kefir will be more creamy. 

I am making it, but I need to admit that I am not that huge fan of that creamy Kefir. But, I was making it. There is no ultimate secret - it all depends on the fat content of the milk you are using to make your kefir. The fat content actually determines the thickness of your kefir, which means, that, once you made your kefir and you saw that it is still not thick enough for you, that means that you will have to add some thick heavy pouring cream to your milk. Now, the more cream you use, the thicker your kefir will be - how simple is that?

Hello there.
I am making a kefir for two years now. It seems to me that there is no a chance to make it thicker and creamer as I wanted it to be. I was reading something that I should try with that recipe that contains not low-fat milk as a starter, it seems that this one is better. It seems that this also can help me make my kefir thicker. Also, for all those who make kefir, you should keep in your mind that you can't leave it too long to "cool down", because in that case it will finish fermenting and start to separate, which means that there is no delicious and creamy kefir for you.

I am not that huge fan of thick kefir - kefir at all, but if I have to choose, I would choose that one that is more "watery" than thicker. But on the other hand, my sister loves this creamy kefir, she told me that it is more tastable and she can't understand why I am drinking something that is "drinkable" lol.

She told me that she is using a raw milk for her kefir, but this type of milk has to be boiled because possible bacteria. Also, as far as I understand her, she is putting some probiotic called probio plus in her homemade kefir, because it is healthy and it can make your kefir thicker.

Celebrity

Well, I can say that yesterday, for the first time in my life, I actually made a good kefir, just like I wanted to make for a couple of months. It was creamy, it was thicker and yes - thank you, because I was following your advice. So, you see that everything is possible and now, I think that making kefir will be something the best. Also, I think that right now I am more than ready to experiment with different flavors - I guess that I am going to try to make a creamy coconut kefir if you know what I am planning to do :) Wish me luck. 

Hi there.
I actually do believe that there is no some wiseness in this whole situation. I remember that my mom once told me - kefir grains that are strong will make your kefir thick, it will make a tart kefir and you will love it. So, I believe that this is all point of this. Also, if you hare having an issue to get a good and thick kefir, you should know that you may have too many grains for the amount of milk that you are using. So, that means that you will need to add more milk or remove some of the grains - very simple. I am sure that it will work.