Good day there. Since forever I am struggling with my weight. I am trying to lose weight but it seems to me that, whatever I eat, I gain some weight and I don't like it. So, now, I am all about this losing weight with kefir, so I am drinking it three times pear day. I was telling my friend about this, and she told me that I shouldn't drink that much of kefir, because I can get weight. Really? Do you know anything about this? How much kefir should you drink in a day? Can kefir make you gain weight? 

Look, when people hear that they can drink kefir and lose weight, they start to do something that is actually not that normal - they start to drink huge amounts of the kefir. It is not a smart idea. It should be a good option to start drinking it in smaller amounts, If course, you may drink as much as you wish eventually, but you should know that you have to be reasonable even if this, that you maybe believe that it can't make any damage. So, you should ask yourself how much milk you would normally consume in a day? I think that your answer would be three or four cups. That should be just enough. And also, one advice, you should ask someone on how to use kefir grains to make kefir at home. I believe that it is way better than the one you buy. Good luck in changing your eating habits. 

Celebrity

When it comes to a kefir and gaining the weight, it is true that some probiotics can cause a weight gain. Now, it depends so many on your body, your constitution, etc. It is not the same for everyone.

I think that one cup of kefir contains around 80 calories, which is not too much. But now, if you are consuming a 4 liter per day and having a regular meal, you can count how many calories we are talking about.

If you want to lose weight, make your own kefir at home. I agree with that one. You can make a low-fat kefir that actually has natural sugars and you don't need to be scared that you will get fat. 

Sometimes, people do make a mistake about several convictions - listen, just because something is healthy, it doesn't mean that you can eat it in the huge amounts. It is not an option. It also can get you fat if you don't have an limits. For example, if you are drinking kefir with every meal and between meals, sure it can make you fat. People have a wrong perception of those healthy and unhealthy things. When you exaggerate in something, you should know that it won't turn good for you. The same thing is with kefir and anything else that contains calories, no matter how many of calories.

That is totally true, unfortunately. I have to agree with it. Why? Because, I've been there, seen that. Yes, unfortunately. I was drinking kefir with every meal and in between - which means about five times per day. It turns out that this was a reason why I am getting fat. First, I didn't believe in this theory because - what kefir can do bad, what can be wrong in drinking kefir, isn't it a one of those healthy groceries that can help me in getting my health better? Yes, it is, but you need to be moderate in everything. The same thing is with kefir. Drink it maximum two times per day, no more.

Hey, you have to start slowly. With everything. With kefir as well. So, if you are new in this type of eating and drinking, one cup per day is just fine. Once you realize that drinking kefir has its benefits, you can increase the dose - but no more than one cup, which means, two cups per days. I know that everyone is telling you how kefir beneficial is, and it is. But you should also know that it is possible you have to limit your kefir intake if you experience more serious side effects, which can happen. This happens when you have some health conditions that recommend consuming less proteins, probiotics, etc. This is nothing unusual, that is why you need to be careful.