Hi. Can anybody tell me what happens after the removal of the gallbladder? Can this make swallowing problems of some kind??? I mean, I will have the surgery in few weeks and I would like to find more info like what awaits me after the surgery?

Well, I know that it's not uncommon to have temporary digestive difficulties after gallbladder removal (which is, by the way, called cholecystectomy). But, one of the main reasons for it is a difficulty in handling fats in the diet. Some studies suggest that diarrhea after cholecystectomy may also be caused but that is not so common. So far I haven’t heard for swallowing case so I don’t think there’s any connection with that and cholecystectomy. I also believe that you would like to know that after the treatment you should begin with clear liquids and then, after some time, may advance slowly to a regular diet as tolerated. Hope this helps.

During gallbladder removal you are intubated (tube down your throat to help you breath) This can irritated the throat and lungs or leave slightly eroded areas that can become infected. Surgery and digestive changes and a weak immume system can alter the flora in your mouth and allow for thrush (oral yeast infection), especially if you are on antibiotics.
Besides the surgery implications, you may want to see if your tongue has a white coating. Other than that, the intubation itself can leave a sore throat that just takes some time to heal.

I hope this helpes..