Lately, I have noticed that my stomach is swollen all the time. I thought it will go away, but it didn't. My question is about gallbladder. Is swollen stomach a common symptom of gallbladder problems? Thanks

You need to go to your doctor to be examined. It is hard for me to tell you if what you are experiencing has something to do with your gallbladder. To be able to do that, I need more information. However, I can tell you more about gallbladder problems. Swollen stomach can be a symptom that indicates on existing problem with gallbladder. Stones can develop in gallbladder and they are diagnosed with ultrasonography or by oral cholecystography. Patients with gallbladder stones are experiencing abdominal pain or pressure discomfort that can last from one hour to even one day. This is typical biliary colic of gallstone disease. The removal of gallbladder and the stones is the best treatment for the patients in this condition. The procedure of removal gallstones is called cholecystectomy. If there are no abdominal symptoms, then the cholecystectomy is not needed. Cholecystectomy is performed using laparoscopic techniques or through abdominal incision. Laparoscopic procedure has shorter hospital stay, minimal scarring and faster return to normal activities. I hope that I have helped you with this information.

YES! I am post gall bladder surgery 7 weeeks and still have a swollen stomach, gas and basically indigestion. I had an MRI therafter and they did not find a thing. I heard it sometimes takes up to a year to feel 100% regardless of what the doctors tell you.

I hope this helps.

Hey guys, I'm Jimmy. Distended stomach can be a symptom of anything, not just gallbladder problems. My uncle went through the same thing, he felt serious abdominal pain, and he went to see a specialist about his problem. Turned out to be inflamed appendix. I also strongly advise you to see a specialist if it continues to bother you. You should do a full body examination, also run blood test and stool examination in case you have a bacteria or a virus in your system. Also, check your diet because you might be eating something you are allergic to. Let us know what you did. 

I have pain in my upper back both right and left shooting pains. At the moment I am experiencing it more on my left as well as the left side of my stomach. I have tremendous gas and my belches are extremely LOUD and powerful. I feel as if someone punched me and I am bruised on the left as well as the right back side of my body. I have had 2 c-sections and a hernia repaired. I am so afraid of doctors and I don't want to die. Can you please re-assure me that it could very well be my galbladder??

Please Help,
Sandra

does using a cold ice pack help with the selling to go down after gallbladder surgeory? i recentally had had a operation due to gallstones and there fore got my gallbladder removed?

I am a guy.
I have a swollen abdomen (distended) and very sensitive to the touch. I also have pain on the left side of my chest, left shoulder and arm. I also have this area around the left shoulder blade (about halfway down) that seems to be in a knot most of the time. (I have my wife beat me up there for releif) I feel like there is an empty hole right under my rib cage. I try to eat or drink something to ease the discomfort, to no avail. I end up bloating again.
I also have periods (very few and very short) of disorientation. for no reason I can think of, my head will swim.
I have had a cardiac catheterization and the cardiologist found 30% right and 40% left blockage. I asked him if that kind of blockage could cause my symptoms and he said:"no"
I had an upper endoscopy done; everything is nice and pink with no trace of H-pylori.
I have had 2 ultrasounds on my gall bladder and the second revealed stones.
I am still in turmoil. I am awaiting surgery, but my day to day life sucks.

some of the other things are: hot flashes. There are time when it seems I will never be able to cool down. Even when standing in front of an AC unit, I can not cool down.
I tend to feel extremely tired. I will be walking along and all of a sudden, I can barely stand. My eyes feel like they have sand in them. After an short time, it passes.
I do not drink (one beer in 6 months)
I used to smoke cigarettes but quit April 22 2006 (right before the cardiac cath)

If you have similar symptoms, or can give me advice, I am all ears...

Hi, The symptoms of extreme wind and pain sounds like what I have. IBS. Change your diet and take wind-eze.

Hello CHRONOS0001....

I have the exact same symptoms as you have posted. I know it's been a while since you posted but I was wondering if you ever found out what the problem is. Was it indeed your gallbladder? I am in desperate need of answer and would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance for your response.....Hope things are much better for you!

For the past year I have had similar symptoms to what you have all said. I believe whatever it is was brought on by increible stress I went through.. thats when I first noticed the changes with my body. My stomach is distended almost ALL the time. There may be a few days here and there that I feel normal again.. just pryaing that it will staty that way.. but nope, it always comes back. I work out 4-5 days a week, I eat pretty well... I just dont know what it is tho. I have had blood work done, urine test, pelvic and stomach ultra sounds... but nothing was detected. I have been refered to a specialist to have a colonosopy done in April. What are my chances that this will show whats wrong?

I was sick for a year and was tested for everything. My symptoms were vomiting, swollen stomach, headaches, tired, etc etc. Turns out I am allergic to yeast. Once I eliminated yeast from my diet all my symptoms went away & I feel GREAT!

For the past few weeks, my upper stomach was swollen and tender to the touch. I wasn't sure what this was, so I went straight to the doctor. He felt it and immediately chucked it up to "swollen ribs". Said I must have lifted something and that it would be painful, but it'll be a long recovery. Then one night, as I was sleeping, the pain woke me up and I was SCREAMING! I rushed over to the doctor's and got an ultrasound + blood work done. They said it must have been my gallbladder, but they didn't see any stones. They are now sending me to get a hida scan to see if the bile is backed up or 'hardened'. They said that I could have hardened bile... ???? Anyway, as I'm looking stuff up online (which is soooo bad to do eh), I found that it can be a swollen spleen, that may indicate symptoms of Leukemia. GAH! I didn't like these things I was finding so I am just going to say, SEE YOUR DOCTOR and STOP LOOKING ONLINE for medical help, advice or anything. If it hurts, see the doc. Believe me, I was so obsessed with looking things up online, but don't let it drive you crazy ------if you need it, look it up, but remember, only a doctor and medical tests will tell you the truth. Don't freak yourselves out. Get checked, it may just be gas. Nothing else. o.O

"only a doctor and medical tests will tell you the truth" - do you really believe they know everything and tell you the "truth"?

It sounds like you may have a hyperthyroid problem - an excess of thyroid hormones being produced causing symptoms such as intolerance to heat, gritty eyes, fatigue, cognitive problems.

I had the same symptoms - as well as pounding heart, and massive sudden weight loss.

Go and get a full blood panel done - with all the thyroid hormone levels tested. Many people have thyroid problems and it does not show up in blood tests.

I have been able to control my symptoms by changing my diet and avoiding any foods that overstimulated the thyroid - as well as increasing foods that depressed thyroid function.

I'd also recommend doing a liver and gall bladder cleanse - you can find it on the internet - it involves a week of vegetarian diet - i litre of unprocessed apple juice each day and ends with epsom salts and olive oil. Find the details online. This will support your digestive system and help your body to remove toxins.

good luck! I know how horrible it feels.

Many thanks, I was tolds by the hospital that I have a gallbladder problem, the doctor says its nothing! I am also very constipated, pain on my right side all the time, Dont know what else to do My stomach can swell up to 14"