I have been having symptoms of gallbladder problems for over 2 months. I have had x-rays, ultrasound and CT Scan and the results were negative. I have been seen by ortho for possible rib fracture, 3 GI doctors, and a urologist because they thought I had kidney stones. Nothing has been found. I know that this problem is digestive because of my intake and my elimination. The pain originated under my right shoulder blade and has radiated around to under my right breast and sometimes it shoots straight through to the area under my breast. I am scheduled for a HIDA Scan with CCK in three days but the pain has worsened and is now almost unbearable and constant. The only medication that has been able to take the edge off the pain is Demerol, and I have no intention of taking it on a regular basis, but it is now to the point I either take it or stay in pain. That is why I am concerned about rupture of the gallbladder. What are the symptoms? I am seriously thinking about going into the emergency room but I have been to the ER four times and nothing has been done because they have not found anything abnormal &/or they don't know what to look for or what to do, and that is a concern to me. I have contacted my physician but I have not gotten a response yet. Before I forget, I now have symptoms of stiffness and pain going up the right side of my neck accompanied by a constant throbbing headache. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

HI Shern,
I was dignosed as having a lot of stones in my Gallbladder in Feb, I refused to believe that surgery was my only option and done flushes and took Milk Thistle to stimulate my Liver into producing more bile,
I had lots of painfull attacks during this period and was admitted into hospital twice but released as it goes as soon as it comes, Please dont be as complacent as i was regarding this issue as unbeknown to me had one stuck it just may have been fatal.
However I had a private scan done at a later date and it appeared that almost all the stones had gone , I was very happy about this result and then out of the blue i got the worst ever pain (attack) and after a very serious conversation with a surgeon decided to have it removed by keyhole as he suspected it was dieased after long past history had been explored ,
Stiff neck, extreme pain in shoulder blades down right side and arm, Headaches so painfull i would vomit. All those are just the tip of the iceberg where Gallbladder disease is concerned,
The pain is a referred pain from the Phrenic nerve, Check that out!! Its relevant,
I am writing this months later , I hope you have resolved your pain.
Cheers Carina

I too have a dysfunctional gallbladder with no visible stones. ckk hida 16%. I am curious about the neck and back pain. I have stiffness in the neck and it cracks and pops and also pain with tingling down my right arm to my finger tips. Not sure if this is referred pain or
possibly due to previous diagnosis of lyme disease. Can you describe the pain in the neck and arm? I also have pain right between the shoulder blades in the spine but it seems to hurt with movement also. Not sure if referred or the spine itself causing pain.
Thanks

did you ever get better? I just had mine out and have the stiff neck and spine soreness. I hope if goes away. My surgery was 1 week ago. You still around?

I had my gallbladder removed 1 week ago. within 2 days of surgery, I had symptoms back. I did not have stones, just diseased. Ejection rate was 14%. The surgery was easy, but my stiff neck, tender spine, sometimes pressure in throat, and gas are all still present. I am wondering if anyone else has these symptoms and if they had their gallbladder removed. Did it help? How long did it take for the symtoms to pass? I also get something like stomach spasm when I lie down. A lot of muscle twinges also. When the neck stiffness comes, it can casue vision issues too. It seems like the symptoms are related to indigestion / gas. all the symptoms seem to come together. I have loose stools and gas.

I have to say that the back pain is better than it was before surgery. the gas is not as bad either. the neck stiffness is just as bad. sometimes I get tingly feet whle ying down.

anyone been through this? I went through a lot of tests for liver, kindney, heart, and lung functions. Panceas also. colonocopy, scope down throat. blood tests for every organ and lymes. Everything seems line. I had ultra sound of liver and gallbladder and I had no stones.

I saw some of you gys had the neck stiffness. Please let me know if it went away or what you found out.

THis sounds nothing like the gall bladder rupture I experienced. Once the pain started no Demerol would relieve the pain. only a drug called deladid stopped it for short periods of time. Once it ruptured pain subsided but returned and surgery was then an emergency surgery. I don't know what is causing your pain but it does not sound like your gall bladder. I suffered with this pain off and on for 5 years. Its unbearable every time leaving my crying out loud in pain. The past time a doctor was smart enough to not send me home or I may not be here to tell my story. I hope you find out what is causing your pain Im no Dr so could not advice. Just exepreinced gall baldder sufferer so this is all I can tell you.

Hi, why were your symptoms of the gallbladder rupture? I have been in nasty pain, for four days now, back, lower quadrant, side, gallbladder. Its been persistent, but, then, I did eat something fatty, bacon etc.. as I thought it would help stimulating bile!! Thanks.

What tests showed the gallblader ruptured? Other than excruciating pain, I am not feverish, no other digestive symptoms, just excruciating pain for four days now...

Some people continue to produce stones and sludge after removal. The common bile duct is responsible. This happened to my mom post surgery. Please find a good doctor hopefully in a major city.

I have been educating myself about these and other issues and my studies have led me to believe the organs are filling with toxins caused by waste from candida/parasite overload. I know you don't want to believe it, but that's how they destroy us. we all have them. some were given in vaccines. check into liver/gallbladder flushes and learn how to eliminate them from your body. The stones will come out without pain with a flush.