I have problems with my gall bladder. Doctors have suggested that I should have a cholecystectomy. It means gall bladder removal. But last week I was visiting my friend and his neighbor has told me that this procedure could cause some anal problems. Can you tell me the connection between removal of gall bladder and anal problems?

Maybe you should specify on what kind of anal problems do you think. I had gallbladder removal last year. I didn't experience any difficulties, but during the preparations and after the surgery my doctor told me how to save myself from some side effects. The thing you should know is that after the surgery you must have special diet which means that fatty food should be decreased to minimal level, because it can cause some problems like constipation and, less commonly, diarrhea.