I have read of the very sad stories of people who have had bad experiences with pain after gallbladder removal, & I wanted to write to report that I have had none of those issues. My surgery was done laparoscopically at a Kaiser facility in Riverside California by a surgeon who is a very experienced position. He is near retirement and had plenty of experience doing open surgery which was the way they were doing them prior to lapsroscopic procedure coming to the forefront.I did have bedrest rest for 3 straight days before getting up a lot and moving around much. But on the 4th day I did sit and work at my computer for a little while maybe 2 hours. Thereafter I was able to return to work with the help of Tylenol. I was given pain medications but I rarely use them.so I strongly encourage others who need the surgery to simply find a very experienced surgeon and then proceed. Plan to take a week off of work and do you have bed rest for at least 3 days after the surgery. I have had some fairly significant hair loss through the current date which is about 5 months postoperative. I seen new hair coming in so I am holding my breath before screaming about it. But it is quite worrisome. I am also reading about many many many other people who have inquired about hair loss after gallbladder surgery . There is some relation I must conclude. I thought it was just related to surgery overall. I have had four or five surgeries in the past and never had any hair loss associated with them. Therefore I am hoping that the medical professional will provide some beneficial research into the matter of your hair loss and cholecystectomy. Good luck to you if you need the surgery. Just find an extremely competent physician, one who has perform the procedure many times before, and do plan to have plenty of bed rest post surgery.

you're lucky....here's my experience....

49 yr old male, and in fairly good health. in fact, 6-12 months prior to my gb removal, i was in perfect health....looked like i was 25 (sorry for my vanity). anyway, i do not look as good now, but my gb pains came on quickly and in less than a week i was in for surgery (march 2015). it was 'textbook' according to surgeon, and only known complications were a horrible hack (cough) immediately in the recovery stage (i blame the recovery room nurse who was hacking all over me when i came out of anesthesia). anyway, yes i have a constant dull cramp on my right side now at the bottom of rib cage. it is not debilitating and i can move around basically as usual, but it's there...always. and i wish it wasn't. i have learned to live with it. i'm guessing it's scar tissue, and i have not seen the surgeon since my 2 week post surgery followup. i'm done with the whole scene and just want to move on. so moral of the story i guess is that i am not the same person i was before surgery (physically) and i'll just deal with it. maybe one day the pain will disappear, but i'm not counting on it. *sigh*