I have recently been assigned a surgrey date for a Lisfranc fracture. This date is 3 weeks post the date of my injury. I'm concerned that the healing process will start and complicate my recover being that the surgery is 21 days after the fracture occured. Does anyone have any insight on the subject

Hi Eric394: Welcome to the Lisfranc club! Follow these threads for a lot of information. The first thread is 15 pages full of information and the second thread is because the first thread got too full. I would really appreciate it if you would do all of your Replys on the 2nd thread.

Some weblinks state that only 1 out of 55,000 persons present with a lisfranc injury so we're a rare breed.

Part I:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/lisfranc-foot&name=LISFRANC_FOOT&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Part II:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/lisfranc-foot-fracture-thread-part-ii

Cheers, Kelly

I also had surgery about 21 days after I incurred a lisfranc injury. The swelling needed to go down. Sounds normal to me.

New club membmer here - boy to I feel lucky.

Can someone pls let me know if I am in the correct thread for my broken ankle before I start typing?

Thank you very much

Hello All. I am glad to have found this forum. I was walking my son home 3-25-07, getting ready to go to the store, and my right ankle gave out, and my left ankle twisted completely around to the other side. I laid in the street screaming for help. I went to the hospital, where I work, and had an xray done. They originally thought it was a BAD sprain. So they informed me that I needed to follow up with NTC orthopedics. THey performed a CAT scan and found SEVERE DAMAGE, a lisfranc injury, and lots of bone shards and things. I was referred to the specialist (2 specialists). One was a foot/ankle specialist, and the other was a specialist in upper knee etc. I was then told that I would need surgery due to the absolute severity of the injury. My husband was in Iraq so they sent a red cross message, and had him flown home. My surgery was scheduled for May 9, due to the severity of the swelling. I was on a nerve block for 2 days post surgery, to ween me off the pain. I was in surgery for 6 hours, they did a ORIF. I had 11 screws, a plate with a bone graft, and a fusion done, and also they "stretched" out my tendon, due to the tightness. It is now almost the end of may, and I have no pain. I am doing well. Hopefully all will continue this way. I am counting my blessings that I have all healthy limbs. Anyone have questions, please let me know, ok? Thanks

Hi Eric, I was reading your post, and I thought I would let you know that 21 days is not bad for post surgery date. The thought is that the swelling is not going to be helpful to the blood flow needed to heal the foot. The blood has to travel from the heart to the lowest extremity, so it is quite a bit more of a deal. My surgery was about 45 days post injury. Things will be allright. I was worried too, but I will tell you that the pain is seemingly nothing. The first days were painful, but that is about it. It is a bit tender still, but nothing like i assumed it would be. Hope this helps