Hi, guys. My friend has been administrated to the hospital due to elbow fracture. However, this is not the end of the story. He got an ischemic contraction as a result of his injury. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Ischemic contraction can appear as a complication of any kind of fracture. Elbow fracture is not an exception. Since there is a fracture, the swelling can compress blood vessels. There is a decreased blood flow to the forearm and hand. This can lead to damaging of nerves and muscles making them become stiff. And then contracture appears. I hope this is clear. Please, let me know if you need more details. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!

Hello, there. I have heard about Volkmann’s ischemic contracture. It affects forearm and hand, usually due to trauma or injury. The swelling can compromise blood flow in affected blood vessels. It damages nerves and muscles. It can be mild, moderate or severe. I hope your friend’s case is not severe. Please, let me know what happens. Good luck to him! Bye!

My wife is suffering from ischemic contraction due to a frcutre on her right hand, its more than 8 weeks now and she still has severe pain and fingers have become stiff. What is the treatment for this. Right now she is undergoing physiotherapy.

Kindly suggest and help.