Hi. I fell few days ago and doctors told me (after close examination) that I have elbow dislocation. I was wondering is it common fracture? As I understand it is the place where three bones come together to make up the elbow joint. What is the treatment for this dislocation?

One of serious hand fracture is Elbow dislocations which, as you mention is not very common. Elbow dislocations usually occur when person fall, hit on the ground and the force is set to the elbow. That’s why this kind of dislocation is very painful and doctor must examine arm, check for tenderness, swelling, and deformity. Because elbow dislocation is emergency injury. Immediate treatment of a dislocated elbow is to return the elbow to its normal alignment. And surgery if it is necessary. The long- term goal of treatment is to restore function to the arm.