I have bee trying for hours to get the answere i want to have an abortion , and have kaiser as my carrier and do not know if they cover it. i try calling and all i get is a robot? does anyone know?

did you find the answer, because I would like to know as well.

I’m afraid that you will have to keep calling to get the absolutely correct answer. The other thing you can do is to check with planned parenthood or abortion clinic and hear what they have to say. That’s because the only policy that is applicable in every state is that insurance has to cover the cost of abortion if it’s being done for medical reasons or if it is a result of you being violated.
But, there are also laws on state levels, so there are plans that include the costs of medical abortion (the one that’s done by pills) at the planned parenthood. I think you should also phone up some clinics and ask them, too because they can at least tell you which rules apply in the state you live in.

Yes kaiser does cover abortions.

No, they do not cover them in California. At least not with my insurance. They told me upon calling that they would not offer the medication for abortion at all in their pharmacy. Planned parenthood will see you, but charge you as having no insurance. ($550- $830 for the pill.) It can take up to two weeks to make an appointment with PP but they might accept you as a walk in if they can fit you in. Kaiser rep i spoke with said they only offer them if the mother's life is threatened, otherwise they will refer you elsewhere, and you will pay full price.

They do-- depending on your health plan. I had one, I have Kaiser and I live in Sacramento, California. It was covered.

Also, they allow their doctors to opt out if they object to abortions, but then will send you to a different OB/GYN who will perform it.

Yes kaiser does cover medical abortion under 10 weeks. N requires lab work and ultrasound usually done with one or two visits. Also dr will give u 1st dose of medicine n the second will b picked up at pharmacy.

I live in Sacramento also I have co pays for my medications but I need an abortion and they won't tell me how much it cost

First you'd have to see if abortion is covered in your plan, everyone's is different. Secondly you would have to ask your PCP or OB/GYN for a referral for an abortion outside of network if your doctor does not perform them. Some doctors are not pro-abortion and will not. You have to find one who does.

I just went through all this stress. I’m sorry whoever is going through this. Ask to speak w someone in the OBGYN department about your pregnancy/termination options. They will order the lab tests for you and set an appointment w a doctor. Under my plan I paid copays for labwork, appointments, and pharmacy. I went the medical route and paid a an additional copay for the abortion pill itself. I also required an extra follow up appointment/ pharmacy copays because my initial followup ultrasound was unclear if it was totally complete. Overall it was $200. If you need the vacuum procedure they schedule that at another facility that provides it.

Yes Kaiser covers abortions. However - the cost you will pay, where the procedure is done and how is all dependent on your type of coverage, what part of the network your policy is written for and how far along you are. Most of these answers below were correct but it depends on your unique situation. For instance, my Kaiser Northern California plan covers the abortion procedure up to 33 weeks (someone previously mentioned only until 10 weeks) which is not true. Up til 10 weeks you can do the abortion pill. In the second trimester you will need a surgical procedure, which can be a one or two day process depending on where you are in your pregnancy. Again, Kaiser Northern California (depending on where you live) some offer the services at the Kaiser Hospitals, while others may refer out. Southern California, San Diego region refers to Planned Parenthood. Best thing you can do is call Member Services, make an appt with an Advice Nurse (over the phone) or schedule an in-clinic office visit with your OB-Gyn. They will need to get confirmation of the pregnancy before discussing any referrals, or schedule appointments for termination.