sir i masturbate almost every day since 4 years i became very thin and feel very weak. and i am not able to get out of this habit. is it really that harmful? suggest a way to get rid of this habit

Masturbation is not harmful and is actually very healthy for teenagers and older ones as well. Masturbating once a day is not so much for a teenagers considering that their sexual hormones are raging.

The reason you lost weight doesn’t lie in masturbation although some weakness could occur slightly after masturbation or if you do it more than once a day.

If your weakness and weight loss occurred suddenly, you need to report this to your parents and make an appointment with a doctor to have this checked.
You could be having problems with something else like thyroid gland, or all sorts of other causes and by seeing a doctor you could manage your problem if there are any.

yes, over-masturbation is one cause of disease, well documented in various health systems i.e. TCM ( tradional chinese medicine ). Male essence and other life supporting nutrients are stored in its seed, and frequent ejaculation / masturbation will lead to exhaustion, fatique, low vitality, impotence, low libido and many other symptoms due to gradual drain of many neurochemicals and hormones. See this forum, there are lots of men having these symptoms in this internet porn times. When doing anything in excess, everything becomes harmful ( it's a universal law ).

******

It all depends on the own situation however, each and everyone has his/her own health status.

**edited by moderator**

The above post relies on a very specific belief and I don't think it would apply to masturbating every day, maybe if you did it all the time it would be a problem!
Go to your doctor and see what they say.

Thanks for your input.

However, it is not specific at all ( only in western countries ). There are lots of men out there who have too late observed what the years of porn and masturbating have done to their vitality, health and their 'drive'. Moderation is best in every aspect of life.

You can write sexual exhaustion to google and see there are lots of men suffering from this, me including. I´m not saying masturbation or excessive ejaculation is a sin, but something is burned to give these sexual feelings and manufacture the semen. When its all burned out, you just had literally aged prematurely twenty years having terrible symptoms and not feeling very alive any longer.

I do not recommend masturbating to porn to any male, its not worth it. Also, avoiding excessive ejaculation is preferred. At least not more than once every 1-3 weeks.

Here is a chapter from some TCM texts:

"The body must invest a lot of essence and energy to fully replenish semen supplies and re-establish proper hormone balance after a man ejaculates.

When ejaculation frequency exceeds the capacity of the body to fully replenish semen, men experience chronic fatigue, low resistance, irritation and other symptoms of essence and energy deficiency. They also lose all sexual interest in their partners, who may well be ready for more action.

An ejaculation should leave a man feeling as light and refreshed as a woman feels after orgasm- not exhausted, empty and uninterested in further sex.

Every man must establish his own ideal emission rate as an overall guideline, but he must also consider the unique circumstances of each occasion before deciding whether it is appropriate to ejaculate or not."

John, I think you should keep your strong beliefs to yourself, they're not really helping anyone.

I do agree with john1970

Over ejaculation exhaust your adrenal glands therefore your vitality and makes you age faster. Jing or excence is hard to restablish it comes from your parents at the time you born and if you waste it, is hard to replenish back, it is like a credit card you have to know how to expend other wise you will run out of credit. Get some sex tonics to help to support your adernal glands such as WuWei zi, turned on goat leaves etc..

regards

ROD

john1970 wrote:

Thanks for your input.

Here is a chapter from some TCM texts:

My uncle is a practicioner of TCM for the last 32 years, and, having both asked him and read what books he has have to say on the subject, this is a myth based on religious belief and old superstition used to keep young men from masturbating when they could be working. It's absolutely ridiculous, to be quite frank. Semen is relatively quickly replenished, and frequent ejaculation will NOT age you faster-- rather, frequent guilt over ejaculation will. My best friend worked in porn, is now 59, and has yet to lose his sex drive due to frequent ejaculation/masturbation. You really need to stop waving your personal beliefs as facts. If YOU choose to feel that you are tired and old because of how often you did or did not ejaculate, that's your personal problem. However, it's significantly more likely that you're bitter and have underlying issues, but would rather blame your inability to perform on frequent masturbation. 

I just read this thread and without any ill effects I sleep with my wife almost nightly. I never feel drained and I'm told daily that I look younger than I am. I am 42 years old and my sex drive is still at it's peak. Now I may not need to masturbate daily but I think sex with my wife daily would cause the same effects as that. I'm perfectly healthy. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. Just my opinion

I am fascinated by your belief in healthcare. So what according to the TCM is the recommended number of ejaculations per week? If there is an excess, there probably exists a standard too?

If you truely want a method to "get rid of this habit", you might try entering into a relationship with another person... perhaps a girlfriend.

The increased attention to another person, perhaps even sexual energy and intercourse, will lower your sexual drive a bit, and as a result, you might find that you don't masturbate as much.

Note, I didn't say you would stop, nor that you would never do it again. Many find that they only have limited endurance and can come a certain number of times over any given period.

Yes it is true. I masturbate about 4 times a day when I am not with my girl. I would rather fulfill my desires myself rather than cheating her with someone! And she thinks it is good that way. But while I am with her, we have sex almost everyday. Somedays, more than once. And if I am home early in the noon, I would count it up to three. The most I would say was five times. I have been doing this for about 4 years now, I have a very nice married relation with my girl. I have been masturbating since I was 15 yo. After 10 years of excessive masturbation, I have only found myself more prepared for sex. I am a large built guy and in fact I am sure masturbation never made me lose my weight, not even a pound. So, it must be the marijuana that is effecting your weight loss. j/k.

i agree with initial poster 100% cos i'm a victim too.

pls stop saying MB is harmless . you're misleading others.

i've done it since 13 age, n since 15 i did 5 times a day n hav done excessively since then .

now it has totally deprived me of growth making me horribly thin.

now, eventhough i've controlled it to 1 in a week, now i'm facing a peculiar problem.

nowadays whenever i masturbate i'l become thin instantly ie., after smal sleep i'll lose weight . i'm nt sure if there is any recovery for this . many may deny this but unfortunately yes , this is happening to me . if anyone could explain why is it happening n how to stop this ,its much appreciated . my body is nt holding fat .if i masturbate thats it i'l become thin . . . so i'm thinking of stopping masturbation completely cos it has put me to so much stress .

so never mislead anyone that it is harmless . . . it might not have affected u but it might be lethally harmful to someone . so everyone pls keep masturbation to once in a week ,not more than that .this is my sincere advice.

Go to see a therapist. The "post-masturbation-instant-weight-loss-syndrome" is clearly (to me) psychological.

From what I have heard, the "too much masturbation is bad" is just a Taoism myth.

(please no Taoist go down my throat, it is hearsay after all regardless where the myth originated).

To the thread maker, out of every habit you have in your life why do you blame masturbation for your growth problems? If anything masturbation would help you grow more thanks to the surge or hormones you get with sex. I would take a wild guess and put it down to poor diet. Many males now days eat foods awful for their well being... especially teenagers growing up who eat excessive junk food

It's purely psychological man.