I have a problem that I do not how to get rid off, and how to help myself. My problem is that I cannot stop masturbating. I have been doing it since I was 15 and am in my mid twenties now, so I think that is not normal any more. For almost 10 years, I have been trying to quit, so I need help. Can you tell me could this be a problem and am I the only one with such a masturbation habit.

I have the same problem with too much masturbation. I have stopped for short period, about a month, but I always do it again even when I had a girlfriend. I have heard people say that masturbating is healthy, but in my case that does not hold true. It causes so many problems because of my fantasizing. Usually masturbation accompanies fantasizing, I know this, but when you cannot divide fantasy and real life that is hard. Me, for example, I started to search for an ideal partner and ideal sexual experience as I have in my fantasies. If I somehow stop fantasizing about hot models and perfect women, I immediately become less aroused. This might sound like a cruel joke, but I realized what the secret to not masturbating is. Simply try not to think of women in that kind of way. I started with controlling myself again about masturbation, and I hope this might help us both.

do you think too much masturbation will have an effect on sperm count??? will it make it low???

there's nothing wrong with masturbating no matter what age. however, excesive masturbation can cuase some problems such as:
Fatigue.
Feeling tired all the time
Lower back pain
Stress / Anxiety
Thinning hair / Hair Loss
Soft / Weak Erection
Premature Ejaculation
Eye floaters or fuzzy vision
Groin / Testicular Pain
Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone
But you would have to be doing it a lot. Some sites like herballove.com
try to make it sounds more seriouse than it actually is so you'll end up buying their products (which do nothing btw) so don't go by their estimates. to much would be something like 30 times a week for a man from 13-30 years of age. Even 12-15 times a week probably wont give you any problems.

Hello everyone..... It's 12:30AM....

As part of "step 5," in the "12 step" program I feel the need to tell "humans" of my addiction. Right now, the internet will suffice. My name is Greg. I am 18 years old. I have an addiction to masturbating. I do it once every two days. While this may seem healthy and normal I am tired of this cycle. Unlike most people I masturbated for the first time in my life at age 17. It's a long story... but basically I ejaculated by accident when I was around 10 years old. My body was not ready at that time and it gave me a great deal of pain. So, I stayed away from that part of my body for a long time.

I've had this addiction for about 8 months. I want to stop because it makes me stay up late at night (in order to find privacy). Staying up late causes a loss of sleep/energy. It is also starting to stunt my growth. This is really disappointing because I was predicted to be 6'4" and now that dream is losing steam. I also want to stop because I am going to be attending college soon and I'd rather spend time doing other stuff. Luckily it has never affected my energy levels. This is probably because of my athletic schedule.

Masturbating for me has always been pretty healthy and fun. I have not had feelings of guilt or shame.

More recently:
I tried to quit for the first time last week. I was extremely unsuccessful. Extreme urges overpowered me. I basically blacked out and woke up with a warm sensation and sticky stuff all over me (not literally... (I was aware the whole time) it just felt like that emotionally). I have masturbated 2x since that.

I am now 100% determined. I burned all my magazines. I deleted all my internet favorites. I have anti-virus software installed on my computer... and I turned on parental controls. Then I proceeded to enter a random password with my eyes closed. I'm thinking about taking the tissues out of my room... then I would have nothing to clean up with. I can only think of one more solution... cold showers.

So basically this is my plan. Yes, I know this was never a serious problem... but unless I can clearly demonstrate 100% control over my body... then (there is no then... it will happen). I'll try to come back on later (maybe a month) and tell you guys how it went. Thank you for allowing me to post here. Also... thank you for all of the information. I can't remember this specific thread, but so far this is a cool website. I might donate to it later.

P.S. --> Good luck to you quitting too!

Hello everyone. I would also like to combat this addiction.
I've been reading the above posts about this particular struggle and honestly i've been embarrassed about what you tend to classify as an addiction; in all seriousness i would say i had been 'going at it' for around 5 times day everyday of the week... This is very bad...
While i am not experiencing many adverse affects; i am experiencing fatigue and to comment on one of the above posts , i am also finding it difficult to be satsfied with many women as they do not possess qualities that are similar to the women on the internet...
I have started seeing a general practitioner and a psychiatrist - i suggest we all have someone to talk to.

how tall are you ?

Hi guys i m Sunil from Karachi Pakistan.. I ave read all the comments n i want to share i m feelings.. as everyones says doing masturbation When i was 14 years old i started doing this by watching movies n all that stuff @ internet n at the start it paind me alot but later how i feel Really awesome.. by doing masturbation u loose ur energy power (as per medical Science). now i m doing twice a day n i f*****g sick of it i want to stop it any how .. i tried alot to stop but after a week or two i start again because when i see womens around me, i am pissed of doing all this thing :$ .. please any one with a gud suggestion from which i can get PEACE do mail me at my mail address its _[removed]_
chao

I use to wank atleast 2-3 times in the day and at night I use to have a long wank aslong as 1 hour to 2 hours long... im only 16 and now when im with my gf it causes me to have Weak Erections, it doesn't bother my gf but we havnt had sex due to it, so calm down wanking guys, once a day is fine.

Mastubation is totally natural and can actually raises your sperm count

You know masturbation is bad habit religiously and from social point of view.That's why most of you are feeling guilty after doing it. You can give it up if you consider the following;
1.you have to believe that this is really bad for you.
2.you have to have good self esteem.
3.don't look at pornographic sites, images, movies,.....ect. Try to put a anti porn program for your computer.
4.Try to marry as soon as possible.
5.do exercise and get busy with something useful.
6.don't sit alone for along time without doing anything, because these thoughts will come to you and lead you to do it again.
7.think logically not emotionally.

Don't worry guys. Mastubation is not bad. However don't be adict. Too much mastubation may be serious problem. But if you do it in once a week then it seems good. You can avoid actual sex by doing mastubation. You can avoid disease like AIDS by doing Mastubation. In addition you can avoid brothel and sex workers. So in this way you can save your lot of money. Mastubation is a God gift and enjoy it.

I do it once a day. That's normal right?

If you're a teen, that's not normal at all.

You should be doing it at least 3 to 4 times a day

As far as I'm concerned, masturbation is normal. People have different preferences regarding the number of times you do it, it all depends on what goes on in your life. Genetics probably plays a role here as well. Although I do think that too much of something is bad for you, it's entirely up to you to set limits and define what is normal for you.

If you want to reduce the amounts of times you masturbate, then I have a suggestion:

Don't think about it.

I know. Rather simple, but very effective. The key to break any habit, is to completely reject it.

One reason masturbation is such a hard thing to reduce, is you are the enforcer. It's much easier to break a habit when someone else is watching over you.

I have some tips that could help you focus on not masturbating:

1. Completely cut yourself off from all erotic sources.

2. Stay in public as much as possible.
-It's much easier to resist erotic urges if there are other people nearby, I'm sure none of you would sit down in the middle of wal-mart and masturbate.

3. If you're in private, such as in your bedroom at night, keep something with you that can occupy your mind.
-Such as a cell phone, call someone, start texting, or play games. Other options would be to keep an ipod and listen to music, psp, gameboy, or even a book. Something that will occupy your mind.
-If you need to get to sleep, turn on some soft music and focus entirely on that.
-Don't think erotic thoughts.

The key thing to remember: Keep your mind clear and on other things.

This works well for me, I used to masturbate several times a day, now I do it on average once every two days.