It all started a few years ago, I started breaking out with these itchy bumps under the skin on my face(forehead) I would rub them, they would burst, a clear sticky liquid would come out. My skin would crack, scab over. The scab would be orange in color and hard. They would get well, then a little later week or two, they would come back. At first one at a time, Now, I get them all over the face, along the hair line by ear, forehead, nose(around nostrils) and chin. They don't look like acne to me, when I think of acne, I am thinking white heads. What is this?? Am I the only one. I thought that it was makeup, but I have changed brands several times since going through this and it stops for a minute, then here we go again. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO. Thank you in advance for everything. Vera

Hi:
I'm so sorry. It sounds awful. Have you also changed lotions and soaps? Could this be stress, because it seems to come so frequently and unpredictably. Stress can do weird things to your body. Could it be it be some form of eczema or another common rash? Your best bet here is to see a dermatologist, especially since it has been going on for so long. There are so many treatments for skin ailments today that weren't available a few years ago. Consult one, I am sure that you will find answers. Please let us know your diagnosis and treatment. Take care.

I don't think that you're the only person to suffer from this but I do think that it's best to talk to your physician about it becasue it seems like an issue. As best I can tell it may be something that you are allergic to or something that your skin reacts to but I don't know what it is. Please let us know what the dermatologist says as I'm very interested to hear what it could be.

Oh my word! I thought I was the only one! I have been to the dermatologist and everything. The dots seem to be there until the very day I go. And I stopped using moisterizer, makeup, anything except what the derm prescribed. He put me on two medicines called Ketaconyzole and Desonide. My face completely cleared up for a couple weeks. It was the clearest it's ever been and i got a lot of compliments. About two or three weeks later, everything came back. He's changed my medicines but it doesn't really do anything. These dots that I have seem exactly like what you describe! They look sort of like zits but there's nothing in them except clear oozy stuff. If you leave them alone for awhile, they will scab over with a clear-ish yellow-orange scab. As soon as you brush it off, though, they start oozing again. Did you ever figure out what they were or how to treat them? I would love to know! I look like I have really bad acne but nothing helps it. I am currently on a topical medicine called Retina-micro. I am just supposed to rub it on the spots. It does nothing. I am also allowed to use hydrocortozone on some scaly patches on my face up to 14 times a month as well. This does nothing either. I would be glad to know any solutions!

Sounds to me like it could be Dermatitis Herpetiformis.....

I HOPING YOU SEE THIS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU EVER FOUND A CURE BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPING TO ME RIGTH NOW! IM SEEING A ALLERGY DOCTOR..AND THE MEDICANE  SHE GAVE ME ISENT WORKING I GO BACK APRIL 16TH 2012,,??

i have the same problem every so often

ITS A HEAT RASH AND YOU NEED TO CLEAR OUT YOUR SYSTEM BY EATING HEALTHIER :]

Why would you think heat rash? The OP never said a thing about any correlation between heat and these symptoms.

I also have this problem, and I have no idea what causes it although I have often wondered if it is linked to stress. I get these spots in my beard area. When I get a spot it normally appears very rapidly and then starts to ooze a clear liquid. Unfortunately this oozing can last for 2 days!! It is wrecking my life. I have tried antibiotics; they worked initially and then the problem came back. Can anyone help?

Trevor wrote:

I have the same problem and it started a few years. I get it along my hair line but also get a few on my scalp. For me it is caused from Rosacea a type of adult acne. It can be heriditary or from too much alcohol consumption. What I do for it is natural and it really does work. first I cleaned all my hair brushes in rubbing alcohol. You should clean your brushes often because of oil and bacteria build up. Second, when I wash my hair, I rinse it with apple cider vinegar and water. The vineger also is great for super clean and shiney hair. Try this natural way and see how it works for you. Keep away from shampoos shampoos that are for dry hair and scalp. Use head and shoulders or something of that sort. I hope this helps.

Gross in detail, but really want to see if there are any more similarities to what I experience.  Scabs around my hairline seem to be just scabs.  But blemishes (oozers) that appear on my chin and between my eyebrows are painful.  If I push on them, it feels like a pin tip is stuck under my skin.  If skin breaks open, in the center of blemish I can see a white dot.  If I can remove the white dot, it looks like a tiny seed, or an oblong pill shaped thing.  After that, the blemish will finally heal.  Otherwise, they will stick around for weeks.  Anyone else?? Answers? My dermatologist only made mention on pigmentation differences on my forehead from scarring... (thanks, doc).  Prescriptions did not work.  The latest attempt to solve:  Tea tree oil seems to do pretty well in preventing them (my condition has improved since using a drop or two on my face ~2x/week), but not with healing them once they do appear.

I have this happen as well..I also seemed to notice a correlation between my caffeine intake and these zit things...I gave up caffeine all together and my skin is clear..im not sure why this started to happen but I would check to see if you are allergic to anything...

Search up impetego...impetego is where there are small red bumps that are itchy,burst,then oozes if this sounds like it search it up and see if pictures and the symptoms match up

I have the same problem and its been 2 years my dr gave me med to try that has not helped at all I did my research with products and found A facial wash called cetaphil oil control foam wash I wash my face in the morning and before bed and also apply a little bit of hydrocortisone 2% cream and it really cleared it up til this day but if I miss awas by the nxt morning a bump appears.I'm still not sure what it is but so far this is helping me