As of half a week ago, my eating and sleeping habits were extremely irregular: I would often not eat, then sometimes eat a meal at night, while living off of healthier things like Naked juice or chocolate soy milk during the days I did not eat. This affected me a lot because I was also on my period, which happened to last a few days longer than any of my other ones have. A lot of the time I would sleep very little due to anxiety or just a general unease that made it impossible for me to fall asleep. When I realized that my lack of food intake, sleep habits, combined with my period made me dizzy and nauseous (I would stand up from sitting down or laying down and not be able to see anything but black and I would have an intense urge to throw up and faint).

However, soon afterwards I began experiencing a crawling sensation on my skin, particularly my legs since I often left them uncovered during the night due to the heat. It felt like either ants were crawling on me or some other type of bug. I do have a terrible fear of bugs, particularly the wormy, larvae kind. I knew that seeing bugs, especially certain kinds that really creeped me out, made me really paranoid about having bugs on me, but I never thought it was that bad or prevented me from actually living my life. But from last week, this sensation has been getting worse and worse, and more common even though I've been eating regular dinners and keeping with fresh fruit smoothies, etc. Now the thought of bugs crawling around makes this sensation almost unbearable. It's pretty much spread out all over my body, but mostly my legs, arms, and back. I don't know what it is. I looked over some websites about people asking questions similar (but not entirely) to mine and it could be anywhere between anxiety, parasitosis, or an actual infestation of something. I have no bites or random red marks and the sensation itself doesn't make me itch.

I'm 16 and relatively healthy (? lol). It seems like I have a overactive immune system because I rarely get stomach problems (stomach flu), or colds, things like that. Last time I had a cold was 2-3 years ago, and before that it was usually once a year. I do have a lot of random kinks and things that I can't figure out, such as this one.

Oh yes, and I hate going to the doctor because they poke and prod too much (yes I know I need to go... I have a physical coming up next week).

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks ^^.

Did you find out what it was, I have the same situation I think. I too have it on legs when I leave them uncovered because it is hot. Please help, it is annoying. Thanks in advance.

you can email me at _[removed]_

well i have been having the same thing inner upper thigh and around the genetial area ( balls) to be more specific. I have been experiencing this problem mostly night and sometimes during the day but now it got worse. Recently it started to itch now i have a few bumps (red). I really don't think it has anything to do with std's or anything cause i haven't been sexually active for almost two years now and i never had this problem before

You might have scabies. A special soap will get rid of it. Were you camping lately?

I have the same thing, except it comes primarily on my chest and legs (ankles). At first I thought I was going crazy, but it appears I'm not the only one to have it. I think, for me, it is just stress, and the fact that I'm focusing on it more and more aggravates it and gives it what it needs. The more I focus on it the worst it gets, and I'm the type of person who can't really stop focusing on things.
ARG.

This question is old, but if you've found this by googling something like "invisible bugs crawling on me" try cutting out sugar from your diet. I accidentally discovered a link between sugar intake and bug activity on me and so I tested it. At only meat for two days and the crawlies stopped. Ate only bakery-fresh bread for two days and still no crawlies. Miracle! This same thing happened last year and I went insane and none of the solutions I found online worked. Now this. So easy. I'm sure we're not all having the same problem, but it won't hurt to give this a try. I guess the theory is that the bugs like you when your body chemistry is sweeter, higher blood sugar levels maybe? In other places online they talk about doing things to raise your body's alkalinity too. I haven't tried that, but look into it if cutting out sugar doesn't help. The original poster of this question, for example, was drinking fruit smoothies and chocolate milk. If my theory is right, that's just bug fuel and is like ringing a dinner bell for them. Good luck, infested friends.

Dear all,

Please check out symptoms for Morgellons Disease (These symptoms include itchy skin, with crawling, biting sensations, white granules from skin and hair follicles, chronic fatigue, sores/lesions and fibrous material coming from skin.)

Worth checking, even just to rule it out.

cheers

Jo

Hello there. This is all interesting stuff here.

I'm a 57 yr old woman living in FL. I'm a non-insulin dependant diabetic and am on (too) many meds. I have had this intense itching for nearly 2 mos now and I feel as though I'm about to lose my mind. I am all scarred up from this itching :cry: This itching is confined only to my arms, shoulders and shoulder blades. It starts with this stinging/pricking sensation as if something is biting me. Nothing is biting me of course. At first I thought it was hives, I used to get them as a child but this doesn't swell like hives and only become raised upon itching. There are no welts nor are they pale like hives when they erupt. When this itch began it was always at night but now occurs most any time. It is still always worse at night. I've tried using Benedryl tabs, calamine lotion, 2% Rx hydrocortisone ointment, sunburn products w/lidocaine and ice. Ice is the best relief I have found so far but it's only good for one small area. I've been up most every night since this "condition" began. Once I start itching these little hard bumps appear and then the itch becomes more intense. The bumps are skin colored until I scratch them into red bumps or create scratches, they've bled from scratching so hard, then they look like bites. Afterwards they turn into a silvery/shiny scar and still itch. After a couple weeks of just itching I began to feel this sensation of nerves, bugs...or something moving/twitching below the skin surface. I can now feel this crawly sensation in my hands, face and other areas besides my arms. Ok...I am now beginning to think it's nerves, stress or a totally mental condition!

I saw my PCP who at first said, "I see no rash." Daaah, I never mentioned a rash, I told her it was an intense itch She did see the scabs all over my arms though. She has no idea what it could be. She thought perhaps it was from getting too much sun. I've not been in any sun for over a month now and it continues. Well, she gave me a Rx for Atarax. I have to say it helps me sleep better, it's a strong Rx antihistamine, however it really doesn't stop the itch, stinging or crawly sensation. I am not one to imagine things. The itch is strong as is the crawly sensation. There has got to be a diagnosis for this. I asked my MD for a dermatology referral because I now am thinking maybe it's scabies or something like that. I am waiting for the referral.

I have the same situation.. The itch I feel , LIke bugs hopping on my eyes , face and stomach. it keeps me up at night..I feel like I have bed bugs..I clean my bedding all the time.  I see no bites on me or any bugs.  I pull my eyelashs out..Anyone have this on their face and stomach.  This isn't the first time i had it..I was convinced that it was no sea ums..bugs..This is driving me crazy..I am from Michigan

I have the same thing on my face and nose.  For the last few nights.  Been googling and it brought me here.  No idea what it is though.
I have been incredibly stressed as of late.

Hi I have the same sensations of little furry things crawling on me. I had scabies 2 years ago and it took from Jan 2010 until May 2010 for the docs to start healing me. I still seemed to have them for a while and itched constantly. I then was cleared of the scabies by a dermatologist. Still itched like crazy until about 3 wks ago someone gave me some of their Metrogel. Wow it worked like wonders. I also took some Hydroxizine that was prescribed for me before.  I am also still on a regimen of : 1st wash with Dawn dish soap, then scrub with epsom salts (even the head) at least once per day. I also use Nair to remove as much hair (other than on my head) as possible.  I also use Sea breeze after a shower all over my body, and keep Burt's Bees blemish stick handy for any itches. If I itch I put either the Metrogel on or the Sea Breeze or the Burt's Bees.  Also I wash my face with soap at least 4 x per day. I am so much less itchy it is wonderful. The itching was driving me crazy. Also for the first 30 days of this change your pillow case every night.  I wear extra clothes to bed. I sleep on an air mattress. These cleaning procedures need to be performed for at least 60 days 90 is best. I will continue until there is no itch.  Look up demodex mites they can be the problem.  Also I work in an office environment and we share seats , phones etc. Does anyone else work in an office? Other people where I work feel the same sensations though it is mostly the women of all ages. Doctors are really not helpful. I had to do this on my own from researching on the internet.

Hi everyone! I just started a new thread about Morgellons which it sound like some of you may have. I have it. My post is at this link
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Morgellons_Disease_t270327.html

So if you'd like to read that, it may be of some interest to some. I am constantly searchong for treatments that others have tries and have a cell phone collection of people I speak with as well as email and my FB page.

My FB page is at the Privacy level of Secret. It does work too because before one girl joined I had her try to find it by giving her the name of the page and the link to it. She could not find it. No one can accidentally come uponit and see who is there or what thay say. It will always be Secret. The grouo stays small this way, 37 members, but that is OK. People's privacy is most important. Everyone is very supportive and helpful and it is also a good place to get off your chest what is bugging you on any particular day.

Judytoo

they come out at night, go back in, in the morning?

It is most likely an infected tooth. Go see your dentist.

hi ,over the lasty 8 months ,i feel that something is crawling in my hair  around my neck

and sometimes ankles ,seems something goes in my ears

i've tried everything i;ve used lice solutions for my hair 4-5 lots ,but still

same ,been to doctors asked them to check for fleas ,they said no ive been and asked 3 times .

same answer , doctor gave me shampoo for itchy scalp doesnt do a thing

im at my witts end !!

even bought flea sprays flea traps ,

bought new bed ,new pillows etc cleaned as much carpet i can and hoover but still same

its driving me insane i cant take much more ,also scared stiff others notice something or not sure if it is catching

any ideas? or advice please help xxx