Hi. I have a weight problem. I want to become fitter and I`m trying really hard not to eat as much as I want to. I heard sea kelp is good for helping weight loss. Is that true?

Hi. Sea kelp really helped in losing weight. Kelp is a great source of iodine. Iodine is important for the thyroid gland, and the thyroid gland is an important regulator of metabolism. People in Japan eat sea kelp all the time and they have lower breast cancer rate. Sea kelp is also great for your skin and hair. 6 pills a day will help you in weight loss. Above all, sea kelp is the food you can eat as much as you want.

I just recently heard of taking kelp for weight loss. The posting says that I can take six a day but the bottle says not to exceed one a day. What would be the side effects of taking 6?

high doses of iodine can cause hearth problems and for people with thyroid gland problems it can pose serious health problems.

I started taking sea kelp about 4 days ago and I have noticed a HUGE difference in my appetite. I have tried numerous things in the past to curb my appetite and assist me in the weight loss process. As far as the dose goes, I think it all depends on the brand that you get. If the bottle says not to exceed over a certain amount then I suggest you listen to it. It could be because it's more pure and not as diluted as other pills. I am taking Nature's Herbs brand of Sea Kelp. On the bottle it suggests that I take 1 capsule 3x a day. I take 2 at once and they are 640 mg each... lol probably not a good idea to take 2 at a time, but that's all I take all day and it has seriously helped my appetite.

So the point? Just take what the bottle tells you to take. When you're buying herbs check brands and compare ingredients, milligrams etc. Go with the one that suits you best and ask your doctor or herbalist! :-D

isn't that interesting? i also started taking nature's herbs sea kelp about a couple weeks ago. i take 1 capsule 2-3x daily, but i haven't seen any change in my appetite or my waistline. i actually have more appetite now more than ever. oops! maybe i should take 2 at a time like the other person here, then perhaps i'll notice a difference?? what i like about it, though, is that the capsule really smells sea-ish :-D

I started taking these tablets a week ago after hearing they were good for hair growth. I noticed nearly straight away my appetite decreased quite dramatically, which wasn't my purpose for taking the pills. At first barely eating it meant toilet wise i was very regular and was debating weather to carry on taking the pills. Now after ensuring I'm eating 3meals a day i can eat healthier without having my usual craves for pudding or snacks. Still going the loo a bit more often and a few stomach cramps at first.
In summary: benefits - dropped 5 pounds in 2 weeks with regular exercise (normally would be 2-3), hair is shinyer, less hungry, more energy
Negatives - very loose stools with some undigested food (does improve as appetite picks up after inital loss) some cramps, restless sleep

ive been taking kelp for 3 weeks now they are only 30mg from holand and barrett ive not noticed any difference at all i take 3 a day do u think the 30mg is not enough

6 kelp tablets a day? i work in pharmacy and that amount of iodine for a long time can be poisonous!

is 3 sea kelp tablets each 30mg not enough to take to lose weight ive not noticed any change at all in 3wks now

Have you ever heard of the saying, To much of a good thing.
If the recommended dose is 1 pill a day, thats it 1 pill a day,your risking major health problem by taking more over long periods.
I started taking these pills 2 weeks ago & have lost 5 kilos, thats a great result you may say,but in all reality I have also cut down on my unhealthy food intake & started exercising , I ride 10 kms a day plus weights work out, to the average coach potatoe it may seem a lot but I work in the mining Industry operating Large machinery & basically sitting on my ass all day is a great way to gain weight.
So make up your own mind,but I do feel I have increased energy levels & feel better but this is also a sign of exercising. ;-)

Hi, I bought the 30mg Sea Kelp yesterday and plan on starting today. Did you find after a length of time you noticed a difference or did you up the dosage?

As well as taking these I have joined the gym and will be doing weight watchers but want to see the best benefits...

Thanks

You have to remember that TOO MUCH Iodine is a bad thing. There is Iodine in Kelp. If you are taking 6 tablets you could be doing serious damage to your body. Follow the instructions on the body and diet and exercise. Alot good it will do you to look good if you end up severely ill in the process or you have a heart attack which is one of the risks. All I suggest is be careful and follow the instructions on the bottle. If in doubt, talk to your doctor. As well, I read that the body does not absorb the idodine which is the key ingredient in kelp with out Vitamin A added.

Hi, I went into a holland and barret store today asking for something to use to help gain weight but not that stuff the body builders use and the woman directed me to sea kelp. She said it would slow down my metabalism and help me gain weight. But after reading and searching on it will it not make me put on weight? Is there any suggestions on how I can put on weight? By the way I eat like crazyyy already and cannot gain no weight !!

I have been exercising all summer with aroebics.walking, weight training. I even taught an exercise class for three months. I havent lost any weight. i do not binge eat. i eat regular meals and do not eat large portions. I am desperate. I am going to try the sea kelp. I would love to lose thirty pounds this year before i get any older. it would make me, my mom and husband happy to see the same girl they remembered ten years ago. Plus due to economy havent been able to get a job an need to succeed at this it will really boost my self confidence. I hope it works.