Hi. I'm 3 and a half months pregnant. I'm still exercising (mildly), and i was wondering how safe is doing push ups? I've heard it may be dangerous for baby. If it's ok for me to continue doing them, should I do them with my knees on the floor or not? Would it affect my baby? Thanks.

Don’t take it as a compulsory task. If you are ok with push ups, do it. But I think, it'll be better to do this with knees on the floor. If you don’t feel comfortable then stop it immediately. And try other effective light exercises like walking, swimming, low-impact aerobics, stretching or yoga. These are very effective in pregnancy. 

Thank you so much for the answer! I've been told to try yoga, but I'm bit reluctant about it. What yoga positions would you recommend?

I hope you are aware of the yoga position's name and how these positions are performed. I am not a specialist in this but I found some yoga positions for you which you can try. Vakrasna (Twisted pose), Utkatasana (Chair pose), Konasana (Angle pose), Paryankasana (Ham's pose with one leg), Hast Panangustasana (Extended hand to big tow pose), Bhadrasana (Butterfly pose) are some yoga positions for a pregnant lady.

Wow! Thank you a lot. You've been so helpful with your reply. I will try these positions you've suggested.

hi mem i can c that you really love gym nhe and its good.i'm sorry but you can not do tha kind of an exercise while you pregnant.the baby in a womb is protected by a water but not the water you know this water protect the baby from hiting up on your body while you are walking or doing some other activities.i know the baby is still v small.while you do push ups the babies position can shift and that can cause miscarrage or you can have still birth.though there are other excercises you can do.you can use dumbbells to tighten up your muscles and you can consult a profesional trainer for more advise.shp.

Hi! Doing push ups during pregnancy is fine as you are even encouraged to exercise during pregnancy to keep your body strong and healthy. But just to be sure, you can also ask your doctor before starting a new exercise plan or continuing an existing one to make sure it is safe and acceptable.

A lot of women are also doing prenatal yoga which is very safe and also very helpful as it will help develop your body's flexibility and balance to prepare you for the big day. Try looking up in YouTube for prenatal yoga and live Yoga Life online for tips and medical facts concerning prenatal yoga which you may find useful.

Sandy Sherwood

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use