I heard push ups are really great for chest muscles , triceps and biceps as well as shoulder muscles. I'm 15, really skinny and i just want to look good. I am tired of feeling like a twig. I don't have money for a gym so i thought i could do something at home like push ups. My friends dad told me that all i need to do are push ups but he was not that specific on what type of push ups should i do, when and how much. Can anybody please give me some input on this? That would be great, thanks!!

Push ups are good, but you can't actually gain some muscles from them. Nothing beats ye old good WEIGHT LIFTING. You can only do so much with body exercises, but if you wish to look ripped you will have to either go to the gym or buy some weights to work out at home.

Really? I don't have money to pay a gym , let alone weights. What else can i do? Are you sure about the push ups? I mean, what if i do like 400 of them in one day. Will that help? I am so confused now. I really want to build some muscles , i am very self-conscious. Please... anyone else has any other suggestion?

Hi, Please don't listen to him. YOU DO NOT have to lift weights in order to gain some muscles. All you need are push ups. Yes, body exercises can take you only that far but trust me, they are all you will ever need. You will have a big chest, arms, shoulders, triceps, deltoid, laterals... and so on. Here is what you should do. Pick at least 3 type of push ups, go online and search for some. Then you have to divide them into series. Try doing 3 series of each push up with some rest in between.