I actually have a few questions. Recently I have started weight lifting/cardio training. My goal is primaly to build stregnth and to do better on annual physical fittness test that involve push-ups sit ups and a two mile run. Anyway my questions are...
Recently I haven't done as well as I should be doing on my push-ups and I was wondering if it is a direct result of my wieght lifting? (I have been excersicing those particulair muscle groups. Also keep in minf that it has only been a couple of days since my last workout I'm not sure if that is sufficient rest time.)
Also my forearms have been sore. It isn't really noticable but when I do push-ups or lift then it becomes painfully obvious. What should I do about this?
And finally any advice on how I can maximize my workouts and get the most I possibly can out of them would be greatly appreciated.

it depends. you may be doing to much and overtraining the "pushing" muscles. if i were you, i would do your pushups more than say benching.by doing pushups, you increase the pushups you can do. do a weighted chest routine 2 times a week, and pushups 3 times. they workout the muscles in different ways and are both benificial.you may also want to do pushups either before sleep or when you get up for the day. on a side note, you will want to do some variations of them, and you could possibly replace a day of pushups with a day of chest dips. also, make sure to eat a lot of protein if you want to see some serious gains. hope this helps! :-D

I would ease up on the exercises that hurt, then get back into those exercises once your muscles have recovered. Maybe you just overdid it.

You can still exercise other parts of your body while you recover. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet without processed foods.

Be Healthy,
Renee' Barnes-Orozco