Did a ten miler today, in prep for the half I'm doing next Saturday.

it went ok, but the last mile or so...my groin started to hurt. (right side) Nothing major, it didn't pull, but it was noticable.

About half hour afterwards, it was really sore.

Now, 2 hours later....no pain.

I'm not too worried, but with a race coming up in 6 days, any suggestions on what to do? (I've never had many injuries, so I'm being cautious.)

Don't run in boxers?

:P

are there stretches for the groin?

And can women injure the groin area? This is a serious question by the way.

are there stretches for the groin? And can women injure the groin area? This is a serious question by the way.

Yes, and yes. Maybe google searching can show you stretches easier that explaining them.

The best stretch I've found for groin muscle is to sit on the floor with your feet pulled in and together, sole of shoe to sole of shoe. I think we called them butterflies years ago. Take your time warming up and stretching, a pulled groin is an absolutely miserable muscle pull that'll drive you insane for a long time after the initial pull.

I would not recommend stretching a pulled muscle. Let it heal and then work on it.

Yeah rob, that is the best one I know too. But agreeing with RB about stretching it if it is pulled is a bad idea.

you can also do a search for the pose under the names: Bound Angle Pose or Baddha Konasana