I’d like to have info on specific role of alkaline phosphatase in human body. What does it mean when its level is elevated? I was complaining on pain in my upper stomach and was suggested to have blood test to measure some enzymes. Test has shown that my alkaline phosphatase was high, it was 150 iu/l, and the normal range is 20-140. What this abnormal result may indicate? Thanks.

Elevated value of alkaline phosphatase may indicate several of physiological and pathiological conditions. Alkaline phosphatase is elevated in pregnancy, but also in leukemia. As you were complaining on stomach pain, it may be associated to biliary or liver function, I guess. Alkaline phosphatase is an enzyme that is found in liver, bones, blood and intestines. There are different chemical structures of alkaline ph. Called isoenzymes found in each of these tissues, so it can be determined where the problem was originated.

i have a alkaline phos level of 300..... i hve gastric problem n i had undergone appendicities operation.. would it indicate any problem..?
pls reply.....

I just found out mine is 790.5

ALkaline phosphate is 790 how to reduce