I have been diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 13. I am 18 now and on medication. Everybody around me drink alcohol on parties, but I am constantly told not to. I want to know if alcohol is really so bad and I am not supposed to drink even a drop? Thanks in advance!

I understand your position. I am epileptic myself and being diagnosed when I was 11 and I am 25 now. I was also dealing with this dilemma when I was your age. And once I got drunk... two days later I had a seizure (and I haven’t got one almost 2 years then). This was a seizure I do not remember...my family says one of the worst... I never drank a drop since then and when I came to think about it, it is better that way.
I know you are young and want to explore things. If you try alcohol you will most certainly get a seizure (maybe even while on alcohol or 5 or 7 days later). You are still on meds (and even if you wouldn’t).... alcohol can cause change in how your body reacts to medicine. Alcohol can cause your medicine deletes in reaction and you can get overdosed... Alcohol could be lethal for an epileptic person.
Think it through once more!

From my experience, cigs and alchohol bring on seizures when using meds. (I have read medical reasons for this). My specialist told me that they were fine, if not over done, but this was not correct for me. I had to stop all together.

im 18 and epileptic my neurologist told me i could drink but dont go 2 far like only a glass of wine or sumthing he also told me i would get drunk 4times quicker than my m8s and have 4 times worse hangover aswell

hope this helps

i understand were your coming from i had seizures since i was 10yrs old i am now going to be 21. i had the kind that looks like im day dreaming but 2 weeks i was at my friends house and i had the worst kind ever i didnt even know where i was at i got a black eye and busted my lip open. the day before that i went out and had like a 6pack. now i stopped drinking but its so hard cuz i was so use to drinking and my doctor understands how i feel because we are at that age that we want to go out and experience everything.