Had a surgical abortion November 5 due to the situation I was in. I had sex 10 days later unprotected but my partner pulled out. It's now December 13th I'm spotting but no full period. Took 3 pregnancy test all 3 positive now 5 weeks after abortion . Should I be worried or is it just hormones from the abortion 5 weeks ago?

Hi Mom,

It may be due to the hcg levels from your pregnancy.  Depending upon how long you were pregnant it can take some time for the levels to drop.

Your doctor can run what is called a quantitative test.  It puts a numeric value to the hcg levels.  A stick type pregnancy test is what is called a qualitative test.  If it detects hcg it shows positive - that's it.  It doesn't know if the level is rising/falling.

Good luck.

After I write this post I actually started getting severe cramps in my lower abdominal area and back. I went to the restroom and a huge blood clot came down. I called the doctor and the told me I could be having a miscarriage so I'm at the ER i will keep you posted just in case this happens to someone else! But after this birth control it is ‼️

Good luck Mom. Take care of yourself.