i had my abortion 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex 5 days after the abortion i was on birth control but i missed a day taking it. one week after i had unprotected sex i took a pregnancy test and it came back positive but the lines were really light so im guessing its my pregnancy hormones leaving my body i wait another week and took another one and it came back positive but this time the lines were darker, i took a digital test a few days after and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks. im not sure if i should be convince that im pregnant again, has this happen to anyone i need to know

Hi Avah,

It can happen, the tests continuing to say pregnant.  It depends upon how far along you were.

If you have reason to believe you are pregnant, your doctor can do a quantitative test.  It will give an actual value for the hCG.  Two tests, several days apart, will tell you if the level is dropping or not.

The home tests are a qualitative test, are you or aren't you.  They can't distinguish the actual value.  How dark the test is is not a reliable indicator.

Hope it helps.

i went to go see my doctor for a fallow up and she explain to me that she was ganna use a non sensitive pregnancy test witch would not detect if hormones are low and the test came back positive but its still not a for sure she wants me to go back in a week to take another one