Hi, I’m a 32 year old woman, and I am taking Metformin, altaugh I am not a diabetic – because my doctor prescribed it to me as a treatment for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Now, as I was taking it, I started having panic atacks. They got quite bad, and I heard from my friend that Metformin can induce it. So I stoped taking it. And the panic atacks stoped. So, is it true? Can Metformin cause panic atacks?

Yes, it is true. I taked Metformin for my diabetes, and altaugh it worked, I started to experience anxiety and panic atacks. I will never ever use it again. You see, it lowers the sugar too much, so you can pull into diabetic shock. Try something else. I’ve heard that there is a natural alternative.

i just took my first dose ever of metformin with a meal and one hour later approx got a massive and very unusual anxiety attack.....thankfully short duration. I wasnt doing anything special to provoke it, was a relaxed sunday night...and one hour after a meal id expect my blood sugar to be fine., so i dont believe it at all when they say it was the low blood sugar. i went online and was shocked to see that my search ...anxiety and metformin....yielded so many confirmations.
im going to get my 7.2 blood sugar down by massive dieting asap cause id rather die than precipitate more of that horrendous anxiety. i had it for a week once and i nearly necked myself...but thank god ive been ok ish for the last 35 years...but not going to risk going back there with anything that definitely hits me like that. yur brain is too precious to mess with.