Ok I take Metformin.... I diet..... I exercise.... then I get a result of 7.2-7.9???  Ugggggh!  What else can I do to get my a1c down??  I am doing what I am supposed to do and I still cannot get the numbers to get below 7!  I am ready to jump off a bridge... It is impossible to get this to read better.  Are there any diabetic gurus out there that have any suggestions or any advice about how to get my a1c to go below 7???  Thanks so much!

I wish I knew more about your diet and the type of exercise you are doing.  You should always adhere to your diabetic meal plan and consume the carbs you are to eat each day.  If you cut back on them, your blood sugar will go higher because your liver will sense that there is not enough blood glucose present and overload your bloodstream with its own stored glucose.  You may want to double-check WHAT you are eating as well.  It could very well be that you are consuming hidden carbohydrates in the foods you are eating.  Chinese food is something to be wary of because the restaurants are good about adding extra high-fructose corn syrup in their cooking.  You should also consider your exercise plan.  How often are you exercising?  Are you exercising at least 30 minutes a day, moderately enough that you are getting your heart rate up?  You should be doing it every day, if you are able to.  You sound like that you are not far from getting below 7 in your A1c labs so maybe with a bit of work to determine what is preventing you from getting there is what you need to do to reach your goal.  I am sure that you can do it! 

Increasing the dose of Metformin might help u to get desired result. What dosage are you in right now?Moreover, Metformin can be taken upto 2000mg per day.