This is what I’ve been going through also for some time. I'm almost positive I have a blood sugar/thyroid problem. However, the results have come back fine every time and the doctors and my parents always label it as "depression" which makes me even angrier. I am also reacting like I am hypoglycemic. I'm no doctor myself, but I know this dizziness is definitely not a sign of depression. Is it possible that I have hypoglycemia?

Hello! I was told I was hypoglycemic many years ago when after a night on the tiles. I felt so awful and I must’ve looked worse. Luckily the managers were both diabetic so they let me use their tester. I was 7.2 and this frightened the life out of them as a normal reading is 4-7. I became a veggie at 22, a vegan at 28, and since then have been discovered to have multiple allergies. I now consider myself as a wheat free, fungus free vegan who has lots of dislikes. I am at present being tested for thyroid dysfunction and I am convinced that the majority of people’s complaints can be helped in some measure by alterations to their diet. The doc thinks now I am no longer hypoglycemic. Like you I can get all my hypo symptoms, but when I check reading is 6 and sometimes even below.

Hi Sumida,

It sounds like you are having the same symptoms I had about 5 years ago. I found only one doctor that called it this and affirmed that it was not "in my head." Unfortunately, there are no medications yet to help you deal with the symptoms of dizziness, sweats, anxiety, and depression that are all the result of how your body is processing sugar. I was able to gain control of it through a strict diet of no refined sugar, no fruit, no white bread/rice/pasta - only high levels of protein, veggies, and whole-grain breads. However, it took me about a year and a half of this type of diet to gain control. I am now able to eat white bread, but only with a generous serving of protein. I went to a nutritionist to help me figure out meal plans that I could implement.

I hope this helps. I know it is maddening when you are suffering from this and no one else seems to understand or think its real. Hang in there! It doesn't last forever :-)

John